Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2008, 06:46 PM
The point is im trying to put across is we get married in 8 weeks on the liberty since booking this 1 year ago we have had 16 different changes to our cruise package. if its not the fuel surcharge,now i get this problem with the independance, .
also we have tried changing the booking to a back to back cruise but they said we still wouldnt get our deposit back.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 02-21-2008, 06:54 PM

There is constant and incredible turnover of the agents at the cruiselines. I believe you spoke to someone reading from their screen who did not realize you are not sailing until next year. If you have a T/A, which would be my first recommendation call them to discuss your booking. If you booked direct, call back and get someone else. Make sure they understand the actual sailing date and discuss your booking. For a 2009 sailing there are no penalties for changing or cancelling. You will get every penny of your deposit back, whatever you decide to do. Then, if you do decide to keep your sailing booked, you can transfer your booking to an agent who specializes in cruises and have someone with the right answers when you call. Also you'll have someone who will notify you of such changes as they happen and be able to advise you of what options are available to you without getting the run around.

Cheers, Neil
Old 02-21-2008, 07:15 PM

Quote:
You will get every penny of your deposit back, whatever you decide to do.
Neil, Chris is British and booked in the UK. Their system is different. Deposits are not refundable, no matter how far in the distance the sailing date is.

Sandy
Old 02-21-2008, 07:22 PM
Administrator

I wonder why the difference in deposit refund policy between the UK and The USA?
Old 02-22-2008, 02:08 AM

It doesn't make much sense to me. I don't know alot about RCI policies. I am very familiar with Vicki Freed though. With her on board now, I wouldn't be surprised to see this changed.

Dwayne
Old 02-22-2008, 04:10 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Beers:
I wonder why the difference in deposit refund policy between the UK and The USA?
And why would that be dave??????????

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 02-22-2008, 05:31 AM

Congratulations on your wedding in 8 weeks. How fantastic. So, from what I'm gathering, they told you even if you switched itineraries your deposit would not be applied to a different cruise? I don't see how that can be legal, but I'm not a lawyer. I'm really sorry if this is the case, but I'd stick to the cruise to not lose my money if it were me. But that's just me, I can't afford to lose $4K. Maybe try Princess next time, since they're British registry, maybe they'd be more willing to work with you. I don't work for them, I just love cruising with them. Best wishes and I hope your wedding cruise is amazing and the weather cooperates with y'all!!
Old 02-22-2008, 07:28 AM

Chris, I'd like to make one more suggestion; as long as you're going to loose you down payment anyway, why not just wait until you final payment is due before cancelling? Maybe there's a chance things will change by then.

Sonny
Old 02-22-2008, 07:28 AM

It's not just a Royal Caribbean policy regarding deposits being non-refundable in Britain. It's also true of Cunard. I suspect this is not determined by the cruise lines. Perhaps it has something to do with the ABTA (Assoc. of British Travel Agents), to which British travel agents belong, or perhaps an official policy of some sort?

Chris, do you have details on this?

Sandy
Old 02-22-2008, 08:04 AM

Another question for the Brits. is there insurance to cover your deposit?

Closed Thread

Tags
cancel, cruise, deposit, lose, rccl