Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2006, 09:01 PM
Banned

Too late now to cry! I have just returned from a cruise to Alaska on RCL{ Serenade of the Seas} If I would have done more research about the cruise ship lines I never would have gone. The cuise ships are the biggest scam going. The majority of them have been charged for dumping waste in the oceans. RCL has been fined over 18 million for polluting and dumping toxic waste on the ocean floor. I am disgusted! I feel that I have just contributed my hard earned money to a company that has no respect for the beauty and nature of Alaska. I also checked out some ex employees nightmares working on cruise lines. I had no idea that this kind of thing even happened. I would advise any one who wants to know the real scoop about cruise lines to check out cruisejunkiedotcom. I am sure it will enlighten all who think a cruise is the best way to vacation! Disappointed and disgusted, but now I am aware of the truth behind cruise ships and their operational procedures!
Old 06-28-2006, 10:26 PM

Oh... so you didn't enjoy your cruise? What, did you get gastroenteritis or norovirus? Perhaps it's a rash from the toxic waste on board. Maybe you had to sit in the dining room with Cindy Sheehan, Michael Moore, and ROSS KLEIN.
I'm so glad I'm now enlighened. The thought of me believing cruising was the best vacation is repulsive. I can't wait to call my travel agent tomorrow and cancel my future cruises. Thank you.
Old 06-29-2006, 07:36 AM

I really don't know where your information came from, but you are sadly misinformed. The ships do not dump anything into the ocean, they have recycling for everything. They turn sea water into potable water. Your dotcom whatever is NOT correct. Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your cruise. But I am glad to know that you will not be using your indoor plumbing, not driving a car, not using your bar-b-que grill, not using any aerosol products, not using any air conditioning, not using any heat, not using any electricity, not buying anything that is packaged or shipped, and I know you don't smoke. Best wishes!
Old 06-29-2006, 07:44 AM

Memo to had2bethere

Glad I wasn't at your table or anywhere near you - I might have forgotten my manners and been rude. But I am glad we won't be seeing or hearing from you on board or (hopefully) on this board, again!

Old 06-29-2006, 09:04 AM

Please leave your comments to yourself about the pure "evil" of cruising whilst on a CRUISING website. It's pure common sense. Good-bye, and I hope you don't go on another cruise if you don't want to. Just don't bitch to us.
Old 06-29-2006, 09:38 AM

Can I ask if you actually read any of the articles on cruisejunkiedotcom?

Never one to jump to conclusions I have wasted some valuable time reading some of these. From what I can tell in summary..

1. People somethimes get ill on holiday
2. People sometimes commit suicide or get so drunk they have fatal accidents.
3. One or two unscrupolous firms have broken environmental laws, whilst others have occasionally had accidents and / or due to not following the red tape correctly broken rules (e.g. released water which had been treated on board before getting the right piece of paper signed - water by the way which is actually certified clean enough for human consumption - at least it is on RCI)

I'd be intrigued to see statistics for the above incidents in other industries. My advice to avoid the above would be to lock yourself in your house and throw away the key... just don't use the toliet - you'll never know where the waste might end up!
Old 06-29-2006, 12:55 PM

You know it's really sad when someone like me (new to cruising) reads something like this. Keep your horror stories to yourself, especially if it is something you haven't yourself experienced. How sad.
Old 06-29-2006, 01:37 PM

penny3333,

to set the record straight, Royal Caribbean ships were involved in a pollution scandal in the 1990s, but the company has learned its lesson and has been having an excellent record in recent years.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 06-29-2006, 02:02 PM

Raoul,
What you say is true - some years ago, the EXXON VALDEZ had an accident for which the company paid dearly and guess what? We still buy gasoline from EXXON. Why? They made a mistake, paid for that mistake and life goes on.

It must be wonderful to lead such a pristine life as to never be wrong or have made a mistake.

...or is it misteak

Old 06-29-2006, 03:30 PM

Although I feel had2bethere has been grossly misinformed, it's also true that cruising is not for everyone. Lesson learned, had2bethere; you may want to check out some other form of vacation - perhaps backpacking or ecotourism might fit the bill for you.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, curise, dumped, line, regret, regrets, ship, ships, waste, working