Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2006, 11:36 AM

I have sailed with RCI 4 times, my husband has not cruised before. He is in the Canadian Navy and god bless him for agreeing to take me on a cruise (he can't understand that we wont have to duck our heads and throw our own lines to shore.) We are limited to either the first two weeks of Feb. or April of 2007. I have only heard good things of the Freedom. We will not be taking our 3 kids, only mommy and daddy time. Recommendations ?
Old 11-11-2006, 11:49 AM

Hi eastbound

Welcome to cruise-chat. You do not mention how many days, what port you perfer to leave from, etc. I have heard nothing but good news about The Freedom too. If its ports you wanna see and its just a mommy and daddy cruise I'd recommend the Radiance which leaves out of Ft Lauderdale. Its very romantic and it is a 8 days ship which gives you 5 ports to visit and The Freedom is only doing western Caribbean. You can go to Royal Caribbeans web site and look around. http://www.royalcaribbean.com/ I think I am right about the Freedom though. The Voyager is a good ship also. I would check with a Travel Agent that specializes in Cruises also. Tell them what you like about cruising and they'll hook you up. If you go on the Radiance in Feb 2007 on Feb 17th I'll probally see you on there.

St. Martin Hotel Reviews
Old 11-11-2006, 12:43 PM

Thanks for the welcome. We will be flying in from eastern Canada so I would guess, Miami, Ft. lauderdale, Port Canaveral, or Tampa as departure ports.I have only one chance to ensure my husband is impressed with cruising. I would like between 7-9 days. I have sailed both Eastern and Western Caribbean and the Bahamas. I love them all ! I have sailed on the Majesty, Enchantment & Voyager.
Old 11-11-2006, 01:40 PM

Hi eastbound,
Welcome to Cruise-Chat. I see you've been on a Voyager class ship so you know the difference. If you can, book the Freedom. If you can't then book any of the other Voyager class ships. The ice show will blow your hubbies mind. Don't bother with any other class ship if you want a guarantee impressing him. I'm happy to say I've been on all of Royal Caribbean's ships, so I'm suggesting by my experience. You know how much better the Enchantment was compared to the Majesty, and how much more the Voyager had to offer compared to the Enchantment. Now, how about kicking it up a notch by sailing on the Feedom. Check out my Freedom cruise if you want... FREEDOM 10-15-06
Let us know what you decide to book...

Sonny
Old 11-11-2006, 05:54 PM

Hey Sonny

I knew about the savings thats why I waited to book the Sovereign and the Radiance when I was on the last Sovereign cruise just like I will book the Liberty when I go on Nov 27th. I have to admit Sonny that there are more on the Voyager class ships to do and that I recommend the Radiance alot. But I was on the Voyager and on the Mariner 2 times. But I did find the "Service" and "Romance" on the Radiance to be better. I have not been on the Freedom yet I was kinda waiting for the newness to wear off abit. I do think they plan on making that a class of ship of its on though, dunno its just a hunch. But if I was taking my grand kids on a cruise or just kids for that matter I would definitly take the voyager class ships. Anyway I just wanted to kinda explain myself a little. Hope to see you on a cruise soon. Rose and I think we'll actually make it on 5-6 cruises next year. We are actually thinking of Alaska.

St. Martin Hotel Reviews
Old 11-11-2006, 09:13 PM

I hear good reports about Alaska cruises. My sister was on the Radiance in August and loved it. I like leaving the cold weather and going to the warm. I can go on two warm cruises for the price of an Alaskan cruise. Five or six cruises next year... what, are you trying to pass me up?

Sonny
Old 11-12-2006, 06:38 AM

Is there some sort of savings that can be had by booking another cruise while onboard your current cruise? If so, we will probably book another before leaving the Liberty.

1992 MV Royal Majesty
1993 MV Royal Majesty
1996 Sun Princess
2007 Liberty of the Seas
2010 Navigator of the Seas
2010 Radiance of the Seas
Old 11-12-2006, 07:24 AM

Electech, if you book on the ship you will get a $100 credit to use on the ship you book.

Sonny

Closed Thread