Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2005, 08:10 PM

We're going on the Mariner in February. Should we expect lots of kids on this cruise? I'm wondering if early dining is a good idea for us old fogies. We loved kids when we had them but we're kind of worn out now. Of course, we like your kids, it's the others we're worried about.

Old 08-12-2005, 08:10 PM

We're going on the Mariner in February. Should we expect lots of kids on this cruise? I'm wondering if early dining is a good idea for us old fogies. We loved kids when we had them but we're kind of worn out now. Of course, we like your kids, it's the others we're worried about.

Old 08-13-2005, 06:15 PM

Marian, unless you are cruising during a school break period, you shouldn't be inundated with children on the Mariner. However, I guarantee that most of them will be dining at early seating, so you might want to change to late. Once you get onboard, you can check out the early seating passenger mix in the restaurant and if it looks acceptable, make the change (be sure to tip the Maitre d' to get a great table with no kids around)

Generally, late seating always sells out first, so it is more difficult to do it the other way around.

Have a great cruise!

Tom
Old 08-14-2005, 01:43 PM

Marian,
Don't know exactly how you define "old fogey" and if you really fit into that category, but on recent cruises - there were a lot of the senior set that also preferred to dine early. But they were also some of the first to be at breakfast in the morning - think it has something to do with our body clocks as we age.
Melanie
Old 08-14-2005, 05:52 PM

Thank you for helping me.

I used the term "fogies" in jest. My husband is in his sixties, but he still gets hit on at parties. I am in my very, very late fifties, but I think I'm about seventeen inside my head.

Late seating always worked out well for us but our friends, the first time cruisers, are early birds. We thought they would enjoy early seating, but now I'm having second thoughts.

Closed Thread