Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/)
-   -   FAMILY CRUISE (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/13135-family-cruise.html)

gatorbait 05-08-2005 11:21 AM

My wife and I are planning to take our family on a Caribbean cruise in November 2005(two adults; two adults with children 10 and 6; two adults with children 17, 15 and 12; one adult w/no children). We hear good words about RCI. What advice would you seasoned cruisers have for us.

Oggy Boy 05-08-2005 03:59 PM

Take your family on one of the Voyager class ships and everyone will have the time of their lives. There is something for everyone on a Voyager class ship and they are purpose build for families, in my opinion.

I just don't think that the Voyager class ships have any competition when it comes to family cruises....unlesss, of course you go on the new "Super Voyager" Freedom of the Seas now accepting reservations.

Have a great cruise!

Tom

NancyN 05-09-2005 06:10 AM

I most wholeheartedly agree with Tom. Based on what you have shared about the demographics of your family group, any of The Voyager Class ships would be a perfect fit. The children have their own separate facilities, so even when the ship is brimming with youth they have their own space and there are still many "adult" spaces and venues to appeal to those without children. I have been on the ships during school holidays and can attest to the fact that even when there have been well over 1000 children onboard, they were totally accommodated, but not at the expense of the adults.
Nancy

Denice Tally 05-09-2005 08:12 AM

We just got off RCI's Rhapsody of the seas on May 8th. I have three kids 9, 22, 14. Phapsody isn't a voyager class ship, but my kids were never bored, and never under my feet. In fact, I hardly saw th oldest one, and finally had to set times thoughout the day for the kids to check in with me. We'd meet by the pool, and after the first day, here would come my children with all their new friends in tow. They all met some amazing friends, and we ate a meal with all of them. Lots of tears Saturday night, and lots of phone calls made Sunday when we got home. I highly recommend RCI for family's. We just had the best vacation ever!

jefft 05-28-2005 10:05 AM

Tom,
I wonder if you might be able to answer a question. Will the new FOS have the Inline skating and the put-put?
Thanks in advance
jefft

CRUISELOVER94 05-28-2005 12:15 PM

RCI is the best ever!! We love the line so we will be going on another cruise next April. What destonations do you want to go on? You might like western Carribean cruises.

kandl 05-28-2005 07:25 PM

gatorbait:
I would highly recommend a Voyager Class ship. We took our family on our first cruise last year, with a 20-, 17-, and 14- year old. It was the best family trip we had ever made. We are still talking about it, and wishing and waiting for the next one. Ditto others comments; it is great for all ages to find activities, etc. and a great venue for you to get together for activities or dining as a family.