Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2007, 06:40 PM

To Master Chief Petty Office Duncan, our assistant company commander, thanks.

In the Navy, it is traditional to provide a silver dollar to first person that we saluted upon commissioning as an officer.

To a man, our entire company, of 100~, walked bareheaded to our barracks (Oscar Company), thus we could not salute anyone else. Then we put on our hats and saluted THE CHIEF.

Although he now saluted us, he was first in all our minds.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:51 PM
Administrator

Thank you for the OCS moment, but what does Master Chief Duncan have to do with your cruise on the AOS?
Old 09-07-2007, 07:11 PM

Why thanks to Chief Duncan, because he taught me attention to detail, which sadly RCCL lacks as evidenced by the numerous safety hazards.

Why am I so attentive to details?

My wife is disabled and I am her caregiver. And, I am a better caregiver because of the Chief’s motto.

Anything which could cause my wife to trip or give rise to discomfort is always on my radar.

1. Screws protruding from boards as a tripping hazard (as I reported herein).
2. Clutter in the passageways as a safety hazard (which I reported, herein).
3. Loose railing as a safety hazard (which I reported, herein).
4. Lack of attention to cleanliness (which I reported, herein), despite the avowed interest by RCCL in reducing or eliminating illness.
5. Algae and slime under the pool ladders wooden treads (which I reported, herein), as a potential health hazard.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:37 PM
Administrator

Hey TomasT...your inspection report is getting tedious. You are now sounding like an executive officer doing a health and safety inspection, or perhaps more like a (jg) trying to impress the XO. Either way it getting boring in a major hurry.

We all realize you were disappointed by your cruise. You have made that abundantly obvious.

Please forgive me as I now close this thread before you regale us with your displeasure over the pig-stick not being properly maintained, and the lack of tasty sweet rolls in the ward room.

Closed Thread

Tags
adventures, adverture, area, attendant, cabin, chief, cleaners, cruise, duncan, laundry, navy, ocs, room, seas, selfservice, ship, type, vacuum