Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2007, 11:02 AM

We just returned from our week on the Freedom and all I can say is WOW! This is one ship you can not miss. She is wonderful. The service and food was excellent. The pools were great with the small kids and there was so much to do. There are parts I still never saw, never made it up to the 14th deck. We had outside staterooms on Deck 3 and it was great. If anyone is looking for a ship that has it all this is the one for you. We stopped in Puerto Rico, St. Thomas and St. Martin. The ship was full with all cabins sold but not up to full passenger capacity. We rarely waited in line and it did not feel like there were "too" many people in line. Embarkation and Disembarkation were smooth and well handled by the staff. This is a great ship, that is all I can say!!!
Old 09-03-2007, 12:21 PM

Hello. I was on the Freedom last June. Do they still have the "Surf Theme" night in the dining room?? Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 09-03-2007, 02:23 PM

Yes they did a "surf" theme one night, they sang and danced with the surf boards.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:34 PM
What did you do at those particular ports?
Old 09-04-2007, 05:18 PM

Puerto Rico - we walked around Old San Juan, did some shopping, walked along the road that goes along the wall of the city

St Thomas- We took the SkyRide to Paradise Point, then took a tour of the island and stopped for pictures around the island

St. Martin- We went to Orient Beach for a day of swimming

We were traveling with two small kids (4 and 7) so we were limited to the tours we could do. If we were by ourselves we would have done more adventourous tours.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:12 PM
Sounds good - we may do this cruise next year with our grown kids.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:19 PM
While in Puerto Rico, El Morro is a nice place to go and see...lots of history....also the rain forest is a nice stop....The sky ride in St. Thomas is $18.00 but worth the view and of course the SHOPPING there....My wife spent more than the cost of the cruise in January...but it was her Christmas present....
Old 09-24-2007, 02:10 PM

My husband and I are thinking of a cruise on the Freedom. How long of a wait to get on the "surfing" machine...or any other activities. Do you have to make reservations for the ice show and do all these things cost extra??
Old 09-24-2007, 03:23 PM

Hello. I was on the Freedom last june. I did a flowrider review, when I got back. To find it, log in, click the "Find" tab on top of this page, in the keyword box, type in flowrider review. My review is there. Read that, hopefully it will answer your questions. Hope this helps. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 09-24-2007, 07:01 PM

Getting to ride the flowrider depends on when you happen to be there. Don't try on a sea day because everyone is on board. We had no trouble in this picture...

Sonny

Closed Thread