Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2004, 08:47 PM

I need some feed back on this pleasant puzzle. Thank you to those of you, DJSP55555, that have already helped. I am trying to find out if anyone out there has enjoyed either of these two ships and itineraries? I plan on cruising in June 04' with my wife and two children (11 & 14). The Navigator is going to San Juan, St. Thomas, Labadee and Nassau. The Explorer is going to Belize, Costa Maya (?), Cozumel and Grand Cayman. If anyone has enjoyed either of these two ships and the destinations, please write back and share your experience good or bad.
Old 01-06-2004, 08:47 PM

I need some feed back on this pleasant puzzle. Thank you to those of you, DJSP55555, that have already helped. I am trying to find out if anyone out there has enjoyed either of these two ships and itineraries? I plan on cruising in June 04' with my wife and two children (11 & 14). The Navigator is going to San Juan, St. Thomas, Labadee and Nassau. The Explorer is going to Belize, Costa Maya (?), Cozumel and Grand Cayman. If anyone has enjoyed either of these two ships and the destinations, please write back and share your experience good or bad.
Old 01-10-2004, 11:21 PM

Definitely Navigator!

The ship is slightly larger than Explorer and newer. We sailed Navigator last January and had one of the best cruises ever. Excellent service food and non-stop activities. We were up late every night just because there was so much to do!

The itinerary is nice as well. The only negative thing I have to say about the cruise is that we were not in San Juan long enough!

Happy cruising!
Old 01-15-2004, 07:07 AM

I think Nassau is a waste of time. I think it is dirty and the locals are extremely pushy for hair braiding (when you walk through the square) and for the horse and buggy rides thourgh town. The only GOOD thing I can say is that this is where you want to buy your alcohol. There is one ship that has all the liquor lined up around the store and it is all on ice. You can do "shots" of it to taste the liquor to see if you like it. Self service on the shots!
I am not a real big fan of Labadee either. The wave runners were neat and the guide was very informative, that is about it.
Love Cozumel and the Cayamans. The snorkeling is unparallell at either place and the Stingrays were gentle giants, beautiful creatures!
Never been to Belize but I heard the Cave Tubing is awesome and not to be missed.
St. Thomas is great for shopping, and if you can get a res at Blackbeards for lunch do it! It has been closed everytime I have gone but again, I was told it was not to be missed.
San Juan was very nice, a tight walking city and not hard to get around in. There is a RCI Club (I don't know if that is the right term for it) there so you can get fresh water, clean bathrooms, and air-conditioning if you need it. it is on a side street, so ask those in the know how to get there. Also we walked around the Fort and it was very interesting. We did not take a guided tour, we walked around ourselves and had a great time.
Some poeple think Costa Maya is a waste, but it is really a non developed sleepy lil place, kind of what the Caribbean and the Mexican coast USED to be before all us cruisers began invading it. You can get some great handcrafted artisan silver jewelry there adorned with the native semi precious rocks and stones. And they are very well made.

Happy cruising!

Disney Magic: 11/99
Disney Magic: 05/00
Explorer of the Seas: 10/01
Enchantment of the Seas: 05/02
Explorer of the Seas: 05/03
Navigator of the Seas: 02/04
Enchantment of the Seas: 05/02
Explorer of the Seas: 05/03
Navigator of the Seas: 02/04
Old 01-19-2004, 11:12 AM

Oooh, that's a tough choice to make but I don't think you can go wrong with either one. Navigator is a bigger ship and one of the newer Voyager class ones so there will be lots to do but the itineraries on both are awesome. I just got back from St. Thomas and Nassau and loved both! Labadee is their private island so it's supposed to be amazing. But then again, so is Cozumel and Grand Gayman's Seven Mile beach. The only bit of advice I can offer is that I don't think there's much to do or enjoy on San Juan so you can stay on the ship where there will be loads to do or you can just explore the town. But whatever you'll choose, you're sure to have a blast.

Closed Thread

Tags
belizeetc, caribmagic, explorers, maya, western