Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2007, 04:15 PM

i have few more questions, actually only 2 more before we head out for our cruise in less than a month.

Firstly, do they have irons in the staterooms? We are thinking of getting our own.

Secondly, when we go the pool, would it be safe to keep the room key and seapass on the beach chairs or do they have lockers for us to keep our valuables?

I love this site, very informative and friendly.

Thanks,

Sonu

Caribbean All Inclusive Resorts

Old 02-04-2007, 08:10 PM

No, they do not have irons in the staterooms. Irons are not allowed because of the fire hazard. We use a portable steamer and it works great. There are no lockers or anything to put your seapass or what ever in. We usually have one person sitting by our things wben we are in the pool or hot tubs. I use one of those waterproof plactic pouches. You can get them in the stores aboard ship. The seapass is waterproof if you happen to have a pocket in your swimwear. I'll be on the Navigator the same time you're on the Voyager. HERE is a picture I took from my balcony on the Voyager of the Navigator leaving the port of Miami just before we did. Maybe you'll see the same thing in real time. Make sure you wave...

Sonny
Old 02-05-2007, 01:11 AM

Sonu,

as Sonny has already mentioned, irons are considered a major fire hazard, so please do not bring one. A portable steamer is an excellent and much safer alternative!

Raoul Fiebig

Old 02-05-2007, 09:40 AM

Thank you for the insight Sonny and Raoul. Regarding the portable steamer, where would i be able to pick one up? Would they be selling it at Walmart?

Sonny, regarding the waterproof plastic pouches, How much can you get them on board for? The best solution, from the sounds of it, that i will need to stuff the items in my pocket of my swimwear.

Caribbean All Inclusive Resorts

Old 02-05-2007, 11:32 AM

The waterproof containers can be found at any dive shop. Sometimes a sporting goods store will have them in the swim/dive section too. They come in different size and styles. I have one that is basically a waterproof plastic box that looks like it could hold a pack of cigarettes. This is a good size for cash/credit cards and the seapass card. I think they will run $5 or $6 at a local store... not much more than that at the ship's store if you want to wait (then you get one with a RCCL logo on it.)
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 02-05-2007, 12:06 PM
Hi SONU, I took Sonny's advise and bought a Conair portable steamer,I got it from Walgreen. It's much smaller than the one from Walmart. From my opinion, I would steam everything on the first day of the cruise. Then go enjoy the cruise.
2011 - Navigator of the Seas
2011 - Jewel of the Seas
Old 02-06-2007, 06:27 AM

On board you can buy them for around $6. The have two sizes. If you have pockets you could use small plactic ziplock bags too.

Sonny

Closed Thread

Tags
bathing, caribbean, carribean, cruise, cruises, reviews, royal, seas, season, suits, swimwear, texas, voyager