Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2007, 08:26 AM

anyone heard of this problem?? a friend of mine has booked serenade for march? and was never informed by rccl, but the cruise has been shortened to go to dry dock! This person has already booked airfare and just finds out that they've decided to shorter this cruise. They only offered him a very small credit (which still isnt comparable to the price discount he would have gotten if he just booked a 5 day cruise to begin with)
He canceled his cruise and rebooked with princess
Just wondering how often something like this happens. I've always been a rccl fan, but this has me a little nervous
Old 01-18-2007, 11:50 AM

Wow..that seems crazy that they could do that after having sold the cruise. Seems they could of at least paid for a stay in port so he could have his 7 day vacation.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:51 AM

It couldn't have been a scheduled. I never heard on anything like this except for a serious maintenance problem. Your friend should have gotten a full refund for his cruise. He should be happy with the Princess cruise from what I hear.

Sonny
Old 01-18-2007, 12:53 PM

That is very interesting. Was it the March 3rd cruise? If it was...how long ago did he hear that the cruise was shortened? The RCCL website is still advertising it as a 7 night cruise. I am a travel consultant. I am going to go out on the RCCL agent site and see what it says. This has me very concerned about RCI.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-18-2007, 12:59 PM

Their agent site has 3 southern caribbean cruises listed (March 3-7 night, March 17-5 night, and March 30-7 night). Was it the 17th date? If so...I am going to call our rep and see what they say about that date.

I am still an RCI fan...for now. But I am starting to hear some negative things that really has me concerned.

Old 01-18-2007, 02:24 PM

OK..here are the specifics
The cruise was scheduled for March 17th. There were 40 people going together and one person went online to do the sea pass when they noticed that the trip was for scheduled for 5 days?? That was the only way they were notified (just by chance)
RCCL said they would refund them $300 each (which is still more $$ that these people ar paying than if they just paid up front for a 5 day cruise)
RCCL was also giving each couple $100 airfare refund and was not helping accomodate the lost 2 days with extra port days or pay for rooms for 2 nights in San Juan.
They did get there refund for the trip, and are now on Princess. But, all 40 of them left with a bad taste in their mouths.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:53 PM

That's a shame that it happened that way, but at least they got some money back. It wasn't said, but I "always" take out insurance to cover anything (it has come in handy in the past) that might happen, just like this.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:13 PM

It is interesting because they are showing that now as a 5 day cruise, but their little map showing the ports of call has yet to be updated.

They also usually post itenerary changes to the Travel Agent site for things such as that so we can inform our clients and that has yet to happen for this particular cruise.

I hope your friends enjoy their Princess Cruise. I am planning my next cruise on Princess as well.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, cruisenow, day, reviews