Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2008, 03:40 AM
Here is my question is it good to go out on a BRAND new ship or wit maybe a year so as to get all the kinks out. The Maiden Voyage is it as good as let's say 1 year later or do you have to endure some kinks on a Fresh hot aff the presses Ship...so to speak.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 11-18-2008, 06:48 AM

Most reviews I've read on brand new ships experience some glitches. We sailed on the Emerald Princess last year when she was about 6 months old. There were still a few glitches. None that put a damper on my cruise, but I'm there to enjoy and not nit-pick. I heard grumblings the entire cruise about minor problems that people were blowing out of proportion. I truly believe it's up to the cruiser on the experience, but you have to expect some problems on a brand new ship.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:10 AM
I sailed on the Jewel when she was 5 weeks old and didn't see anything that would deter me from sailing on another new ship....things happen on older ships too.....Just go and have a great cruise....

Bob E
Old 11-18-2008, 03:07 PM

The last two posts cover the question quite well. The plus is getting to cruise on a brand- new ship—not something you get to do too often.

Sonny
Old 11-18-2008, 04:51 PM
Administrator

On one of our earlier cruises, we were pondering the same question as the cruise line was about to debut a couple of newbuilds. Our waiter strongly suggested to us that we wait until the ship was in service at least 3 to 6 months. That way, he said, the staff and crew have a chance to learn how to work together -- and we'd still go during the inaugural season. While we've taken his advice so far, I wouldn't rule out an inaugural cruise if the price were right. Many of them are a tad too high for us.

Closed Thread

Tags
brand, cost, ship