Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2010, 10:59 AM

I have been on the Navigator and will be on the Freedom over Thanksgiving week. Can anyone who has been on both tell me what if any differences I will notice.
Old 10-24-2010, 11:21 AM

Not a lot of difference. Freedom is a little bigger and has the Flo Rider and a boxing ring, and Aqua park..
Old 10-24-2010, 02:04 PM

If you're like me and like to go to the Cafe Promenade for coffee in the morning, you'll notice that it's in a different location. On the Navigator it's by the front elevators starboard side. On the Freedom it's by the rear elevators port side. The boxing ring is where the mineral spa is on the Navigator. On deck 11 there are two cantilevered jacuzzis on either side of the solarium. The H2O Zone is a great place to keep the kids entertained most of the day. The Freedom is longer than the Navigator, but besides what has already been mentioned, the ships are very similar. I just got off the Liberty a couple of weeks ago and I'm looking forward to boarding the Navigator again. You're going to love the Freedom.

Sonny
Old 10-24-2010, 02:25 PM
We've been on Mariner and Liberty (sister ships to Freedom and Navagator. Other than what has been said above, to ME, the biggest difference in the two is the pool deck. As SonnyV said, some things are placed in different locations; other than that, Freedom is a little longer, and I THOUGHT, a little slimmer (side-to-side).
If you liked NOTS, you SHOULD like Freedom as well. Have a great cruise!!
Old 10-25-2010, 05:58 PM

Thanks for information. We loved the Navigator and I am sure we will love the Freedom. Called today and I have a $250 on board credit from my Royal Caribbean Visa points...sweet. Yes we really enjoy going to the prominate for coffee. Our balcony room is on deck six, front of ship. Only 27 days left until we cruise and all 6 of us are very excited.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:31 PM

I think you'll love the Freedom! I was on her about 3 weeks ago for my cruise to the Western Caribbean, and loved it! However, it's probably going to be one of those ships where it's "So much to see / do, and not enough time to do it all" type of deal, as was the case for me.

Sonny, am I reading your signature right? You have a BACK to BACK to BACK cruise on the Navigator?!!
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 10-25-2010, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MCPayne:
Sonny, am I reading your signature right? You have a BACK to BACK to BACK cruise on the Navigator?!!
I do? Oh yeah...I almost forgot. Sometimes I get too busy--and then, when I realize I going on a cruise it makes my day. Another happy thought...double cruise credits on all booking through the month of December.

Sonny
Old 10-26-2010, 03:51 PM

What's this about double cruise credits??

Majesty of the Seas - Jan. 2011
Majesty of the Seas - Feb. 2009
Sovereign of the Seas - Feb. 2008
Majesty of the Seas - Nov. 2007
Old 10-26-2010, 04:00 PM
Administrator

Quote:
What's this about double cruise credits??
Crown & Anchor Diamond and Diamond Plus members get double cruise credits for cruises they take in December. It is a loyalty perk.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:51 PM

Royal Caribbean is doing this in celebration of the Allure.

Sonny

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carvial, comapare, compare, compared, freedom, loved, navigator, port, room, royal, seas, side, starboard