Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2008, 05:10 PM

We are going parasailing, horseback riding, and snorkeling. Are we supposed to tip the people that are running these things?

On Mariner of the Seas, do you tip the waitress at Johnny Rockets? We have already pre-paid for out tips.

Thanks a bunch! )
Old 06-10-2008, 05:22 PM

Someone else may be able to answer the excursion part, but as far as Johnny Rockets, there is a $3.95 cover charge (you may want to confirm the exact amount, but I believe it's $3.95) which is "all you can eat", except for drinks, but if you want to tip extra for your server you can; there will be a space once you get your receipt.

Just as with any excursion you would take here in the United States, you probably should tip your guides on the excursions, but like I said earlier, someone else may be able to answer this better than I can; I just though I would offer my input.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 06-10-2008, 05:58 PM
The best guidline I have seen for tipping on excursions suggests $5.00 for the guide and $2.00 for the driver on a half-day excursion (that's pp); double that for a full day excursion. Of course tipping is always discretionary. I've tipped a lot more for a really outstanding guide; and I've stiffed a few also.

One thing for certain: I always bump it up a little if they don't solicit a tip and drop it a little if they do.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:12 PM
Tips are always appreciated....but if the service wasn't what you expected...NOT....and over tipping for that extra service is a nice thing to do....it's only money....Happy cruising...

Bob E
Old 06-11-2008, 05:24 AM

good question! i usualy give 5%
Old 06-11-2008, 06:48 AM

Tipping is at one's own discretion. That said, this is what we do. We normally take sail/snorkel excursions. We usually tip $20. That we feel will cover every crew member. We will tip more if they really went out of their way. If it involves a bus ride to/from we tip the bus driver $5 at the end of the trip, if he at least tries to point out some things or gives us a little entertainment. We've had some that have sung songs, some that have given us history of the island, some that have given us some tour guide information. If we do a land tour, we normally tip the guide $10-$20 and the driver $5-10, depending on the length. This is not per person, this is total. We haven't eaten in Johnny Rockets, but I would tip extra if we did. Hope this helps a little.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:04 AM

No one has really, actually answered the question though............if you have pre paid your gratuities, is this sufficient, or is additional tipping expected?
Old 06-11-2008, 07:09 AM
Administrator

Pre-paid means you have paid for the usual tips - the dining room and cabin staffs. It doesn't include the 15% added to bar orders, nor does it include tips for tours and Rockets.

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carribean, cruise, excursio, excursion, excursions, johnny, paid, rockets, royal, ship, supposed, tip, tipping, tips