Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2007, 01:27 PM

Leaving on MOS in October (can't wait!!) Anyway, I am just trying to get a list of things together I am going to need (i am a planner). I was wondering what kind of toiletries and necessities are already available on board such as a hairdryer, iron, etc...Do they have alarm clocks, shampoo, cond, etc. Also are their beach towels a fairly good size?? (I love a big beach towel!) I may pack a couple if they aren't nice. Thanks for all the help!!

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-06-2007, 01:38 PM

They do have hairdryers but no irons. I brought a small ironing board and travel iron with me. They do have an alarm clock and decent size beach towels. There is some sort of container with a liquid in the shower but I wasn't really sure if it was liquid soap, shampoo or conditioner. I just bring my own anyways. Hope this helps.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-06-2007, 01:40 PM

Hey Candi, if you do a topic search, there have been other discussions on packing. But I can quickly answer your questions-
The bathrooms have a shampoo and soap (shower gel) dispenser. If you are picky about your shampoo, then bring your own. We normally just bring a "scrubby" and use the shower gel provided. Hairdryer- yes, iron- no -only in the little laundry rooms. If you need something pressed, the onboard services can do it for you. Alarm clocks- no, but they have an automated system to set a wake up call that works very well so you don't need one.

Beach towels are not HUGE but they are a good size. Don't bother packing towels unless you have lots of extra space. They provide clean ones if you leave yours on the bath floor for the cabin steward.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 08-06-2007, 01:56 PM

Do not lose any of the beach towels as it will negatively affect the balance of your Sea Pass account...
Old 08-06-2007, 02:05 PM

Alarm clock; its a vacation, put that one on hold. Just kidding.
Yes DrL, those beach towels could get really expensive if lost. We usually pack a small travel iron as well as it can be used quickly for touch ups rather than having to wait for a call in and return of the garment needed. I have heard that they do frown upon them due to hazards of cruisers sometimes forgetting to unplug; they aren't like the bigs ones that have auto shut off.

Peter1

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-06-2007, 09:17 PM

A portable steamer works well in place of an iron.

Sonny
Old 08-09-2007, 11:43 AM

Good to hear that Iam not the only one using travel Irons. I remember one discussion page, I was chastised for even suggesting they take a travel iron. It's common since, REMEMBER TO UN-PLUG.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:12 PM

Maybe this will help for starters. Click on the link for same subject here on cc.
http://cruise-chat.com/eve/forums?a=search&reqWords=wha...orum_scope=162603081

Lola1 - Not here you weren't chastised! Maybe needled, or teased but never chastised. We are fun people here, (well, some of us).
Old 08-09-2007, 12:24 PM
Hope this doesn't repeat..Wouldn't send the first time...

Irons on board are a NO No on most ships...the last RCL cruise we went on...the room stewards were conficating any irons that they found....FIRE HAZARD....best to bring spray wrinkle remover...works just great..best to have wrinkle free clothing...
I would check about the iron first.

Happy Sailing,

Bob E
Old 08-09-2007, 03:44 PM

I never go without my "little Iron". I have never had it taken from me though. We cruise several times a year & have never seen room stewards taking any away. Mine is always where I've left it. I do ALWAYS unplug & put it away after I use it.

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread