Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2010, 10:26 PM

Howdy folks:

We need input from experienced RCI cruisers, especially aboard the Radiance of the Seas. My wife and I have booked a 14-day Alaska cruise/tour on RCI’s Radiance of the Seas. Our room is 1102, located in the aft section of the ship on deck ten (10). We've always had our rooms midship. So my concerns are noise and the view. However, I've heard the view from the aft rooms can't be beat for the Alaska cruises. Can anyone offer any insight, or perhaps photographs? I believe the Windjammer café is located just above our room… Again, any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Springerhog
California
Old 10-01-2010, 06:53 AM

Hi, Springerhog. What a wonderful cruise/tour you have planned! Have you been to Alaska before?

I haven't sailed an aft balcony room, although several others on this forum have done so, and always report that it's a fantastic location. The balconies are bigger than along the side of the ship, the views are spectacular and if the nights are clear, there is a much better view of the stars.

I'm sure others with actual experience will chime in. In the meantime, if you go to the "Find" word at the top of the messages and search on something like "aft balcony," you'll see some prior discussions about your type of room. Hopefully, someone will also have experience with being under the Windjammer, and can comment on that.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:56 AM

PERFECT! Your balcony will be about 12'x10'. You'll love it! The Jewel and the Radiance are sister ships. I've been in aft cabins on both, here are a couple of pictures of our Jewel cruise.

Cabin 1102 and 1104 are next to each other...

Looking out toward the balcony from the inside...

This only half of the balcony, there are two lounge chairs on the balcony also...

Have a great cruise!

Sonny

Closed Thread

Tags
1102, aft, balcony, cabin, caribbean, cruise, jewel, pic, pictures, prefer, radiance, room, rooms, royal, seas, ship, stateroom