Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2005, 05:11 PM

I am going on SOS ON June 6-10. I have been reading the reveiws about the dophins. I just received my book today from RCC.It offers the dophin encounter. Where can I find information on the dophin swim.Who do I book it with. Whick is the best one. I have always wanted to do this.This is my 1 st cruise.So I really don't no nothing.Any information would certainly be apprecaited very much.
Old 05-10-2005, 06:57 PM

First cruise? I would book it with the cruise line, just to be safe. Take all the stress out of the experience for yourself and let the cruise line worry about it. You will have a great experience. The new SOS is a great ship.

Tom
Old 05-10-2005, 08:04 PM

This is for "ilovethebeach". We are also sailing on the June 6-10 cruise on SOS. We have a group of 15 people. We were on SOS in 10/2004, and she looke a little rough, but after this last winter they did a major refurb. on her, and supposedly she is in fine shape.

Can't comment on the Dolphin excursion. Never did it, but as Tom suggested, I would stick with the tours on the ship for the first time. Have a great time, and don't forget to play the "Quest" game. Its hilarious. Let me know if I can help with any other questions.
Old 05-11-2005, 04:53 AM

ilovethebeach,
In Nassau The Dolphin Swim/Encounters are done at Blue Lagoon island. There are 2 choices of experience: During the Encounter you can pet, feed and kiss the dolphin while standing on a platform; The Swim with the Dolphins includes a 30 minute interactive swim where you will actually be able to spend time playing with them. Personally I don't think the Encounter is worth the money. If you really want a memorable experience, pay the extra money and do the Swim.

This excursion fills up very quickly (months in advance) - so if you have not already booked it - I would do so immediately.

You can found out more information about it at www.dolphinencounters.com. I would also take the advice of the other posters, and book this with the cruise line. Since this is a very popular activity, when ships are in port they usually book all the available slots and there is often no availabilty for individuals to book on their own.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-12-2005, 04:39 PM

Thanks so much for all the information. It was very helpful. I would like to find out one more thing. I need to bring back some tee-shirts from the Bahama's.but I want a good quality. Does anyone have any idea where I need to go.I don't want to buy someone a shirt that will fall apart after a few washings.
Old 05-12-2005, 07:16 PM

I believe the name of the store is Paranha Joes?? (sp) Their shirts are awesome as is the store.
Old 05-14-2005, 11:56 AM

My husband and I did the dolphin encounter in Nassau February 2004 with our daughters then 14 and 19.Definitely worth the money to do the swim if you are going to do it at all. Our 19 year old said this was the highlight of her holiday. This was not a cruise though we had vacationed on Paradise Island for one week.

Closed Thread