Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2008, 01:22 PM

My husband and I are cruising on Granduer on January 7, 2008 (our 4th RC cruise). The cruise is 5-nights with 2 days at sea. (So if you have good advice, please post soon. And please do not suggest onboard activities as we will probably see plenty of those.) I have read through several of the existing postings and the general thought seems to be "Progreso=Boring". My husband and I had planned to visit the ruins at Tulum because they seem to be closer than the other ruins, and we didn't want to spend 4+ hours on a bus. Visiting Tulum occupies almost all of the time we have in Cozumel. Would you recommend visiting ruins from Progreso instead so we could spend more time in Cozumel, or can anyone recommend something else fun to do in Progreso? (Background: I visited both Chichen Itza and Uxmal in 1997, but would not mind returning since my husband has not seen either. Neither of us has been to Tulum, but my best friend and her husband went on their honeymoon.)

Thanks for the help.

Ronda
Old 01-02-2008, 02:24 PM
Administrator

Spend the time in Cozumel and do the ruins from Progreso. While very impressive and with a beautiful ocean nearby, Tulum isn't as impressive as Chichen Itza.
Old 01-02-2008, 03:28 PM

I have heard that the ruins at Chichen Itza have been roped off and visitors can no longer climb the pyramid. Do you know if this is true?
Old 01-02-2008, 03:53 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I have heard that the ruins at Chichen Itza have been roped off
I don't know the status for that. It has been a while since I've been to those ruins too. At that time it was allowed.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:15 PM

When we were in Progresso this past Sept., we did a ruin tour and horseback show. It was great.

We toured some ruins, you could climb on these and then had a mexican buffet, was entertained by some dancers and a singer and then went and watched a horse show. The show was fantastic!

We thoroughly enjoyed it but it was the only thing we were able to do. The whole tour took about 4 hours but well worth it. Can't remember what ruins they were though but beautiful and not crowded.

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, caribbean, cruise, forum, horse, mexico, port, progreso, progresso, rerviews, reviews, ruins, schedule, show, tour