Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2007, 03:52 PM

I am contiplating a last minute Bermuda cruise on the Empress of The Seas. Has anyone had any experience with this ship? I know that it is small--I can handle that (it's worth it to go to Bermuda)...but how are the ammedities (spelling). I came across a great deal on the Royal Carribean site--$609 for 8-nights to Bermuda (Military Rate)--How can I pass that up? I would appreciate imput.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-23-2007, 06:32 AM
Banned

Hi,
You will like the Empress of the Seas...yes she is smaller than the huge megaships out there...but you just might find that you will appreciated a smaller ship. And going to Bermuda on her also means less people in Bermuda...she is a real nice ship.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:03 PM

Ahhh...Bermuda, only place in the world with pink sand beaches! You'll love it.

Happy sailing, Neil
Old 04-23-2007, 02:55 PM

My husband and I actually started out our marriage there--we lived there for 3+ years and had our first two children there. It is our favorite place in the world, and we love going "home" to visit whenever we can! (I'm so bummed--as it turns out, I couldn't get anyone to cover me at work, so I won't be able to get this cruise after all.)

Old 04-27-2007, 05:13 PM

I found an even better price for the May 12 Bermuda Sailing...so I booked it. I've never done such a "spur of the Moment" cruise before. Sometimes those are the best vacations! I'm still a bit leary of the small ship, but it Royal Caribbean, so I'm sure it will be great-right?!

Old 04-27-2007, 05:45 PM

Happy to hear you got the work issue cleared. Have a great vacation and don't sweat the big ship small ship thing. I've done both (with RCI) and loved evey minute!

Cheers, Neil
Old 05-20-2007, 07:06 AM

I'm back--it was a GREAT trip. To all of you who may be leary of a smaller ship like the Empress, rest assured that it upholds the Royal Caribbean tradition. It is a beautiful ship, and easy to learn your way around. The only downside that I would warn about is the size of the cabins. I did'nt know that they could be so small-but it just makes you explore the ship rather than stay in your room!
Thanks to everyone for steering me toward this ship--it was indeed great!

Old 05-20-2007, 10:54 AM

jodiroadie, welcome back. Happy to hear you had such a great time.

Cheers, Neil

Closed Thread

Tags
2006, bermuda, cruise, empress, seas