Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2005, 05:59 PM

Well, I just booked my second ever cruise - Enchantment of The Seas.
It's a five night cruise. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Also, I hope I will not be too disappointed with Enchantment after
being on Mariner. I will say that the Mariner of The Seas was just awesome.

Ok, a question on dining on this five night Enchantment cruise. How
many nights at dinner will I have to dress up? How many nights will blue
jeans and a nice shirt be ok? Can I get buy with just taking a pair of
Dockers and a sports jacket?

Also, does Enchantment of The Seas have one of those options where you
pay a certain fee and you can get all the soda drinks want? When I was on
Mariner I paid something like $50.00 They put a sticker on my card and
whenever I wanted a coke I just showed them the card with the sticker. Do
they have this feature on Enchantment? And how much?

Thanks !
Old 09-04-2005, 06:58 AM

Hi Khona,
The Enchantment will be a much different cruise experience than the Mariner, as it does not have all the venues the Mariner offers. BUT, it is still a great ship and provides enough diversity and options to keep you active for 5 days. The Vision Class ships are easy to navigate and offer their own brand of beauty. The seaview vistas from most public rooms is something that sets this class apart from the Voyager Class and a definite bonus (in my opinion).

There will only be one formal night on a 5 night Enchantment cruise and YES, RC offers the soda fountain package on all of their ships. The cost is $6 per day for adults + a 15% gratuity.

Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 09-04-2005, 10:18 AM

What about tipping on Enchantment? I can't remember how much we tipped on Mariner. I do remember there was the main guy who took care of our room. Then his helper. Then the headwaiter who was fantastic. Then his helper who was also good. We tipped all them.

We did not tip the one guy who the head head waiter or something. All he did was stand around.

So, how much should I expect to spend on tips on this five night cruise?
Old 09-04-2005, 11:04 AM

Head waiter $3.50 per person per day
Assistant waiter $2.00 per person per day
Room steward $3.50 per person per day

I'm probably missing someone but I can't think who.

We budget about $20 per day for my husband and me and then we throw in extra money for those who were especially wonderful. So far we've never had anything but superior service and we've tipped accordingly.

Old 09-04-2005, 11:06 AM

The suggested guidelines for all of the ships in the Royal Caribbean fleet are the same: $3.50 per day per guest for the Dining Room Waiter, $3.50 per day per guest for Stateroom Attendant, Assistant Waiter $2.00 per day per guest and Headwaiter $0.75 per day per guest. These amounts can be automatically charged to your onboard account or you can pay cash at the end of the cruise. In either case the amounts can be adjusted to suit your preferences and overall satisfaction.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 09-04-2005, 11:08 AM

Hi Marian,
Looks like we are online at the same time posting responses. But, beter to have double the info than none at all
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 09-05-2005, 09:22 AM

Hello, I also am going on Enchantment Dec 19th, for a 5 night western carib. When are you going? I just though I would ask, if by chance it is the same date. If not, enjoy your cruise, and let me know how she is. I am looking forward to experiencing all her new renovations. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 09-05-2005, 10:05 AM

October 10th.
Old 09-05-2005, 01:26 PM

Would anyone happen to know if any of the bars serve Mojito's on the Enchantment? I just discovered this drink and badly want to drink a few down in the Caribbean.
Old 09-05-2005, 03:55 PM

Most of the bars on the Enchantment will be able to make a mojito for you. Unfortunately, it is a drink that has variations depending on the creator - so you may have to sample them at different bars and find the bartender that makes them the way you prefer.
Suzi

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, cruise, dining, dinning, drinks, enchantment, included, jeans, mariner, reviews, royal, sea, seas, ship, soft