Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2008, 08:08 AM

If you look at my list of cruises, it was quite awhile ago when I started cruising, and the options that are available now, like this site and checking flights so easily online, that booking through the cruiseline provided a level of comfort. Sure I started arriving a day early after listening to others on cruise ships who had trips or part of cruises ruined because of missed connections, cancelled flights and what not. But there is a learning curve, and if teach is comparing prices, and the difference is so little, the cruise line would be a safer option first time around. All that we have learned we share freely with other new or less adventurous cruisers. Heck I still take some negative feedback for booking my hotels through Priceline. I know it's not for everyone, but the King (Sonny) and I have stayed in some pretty s2wank hotels for very good prices, because we are willing to take that chance. Just cruise and enjoy, we are blessed to be able to take these luxurious vacations....
Admiral-1988
Monarch of the Seas-1993
Song of America-1994
Majesty of the Seas-1995
Splendour of the Seas-1996
CCL Destiny-1997
Empress of the Seas-1998
Rhapsody of the Seas-1998
Legend of the Seas-1999
Monarch of the Seas-2000
Windstar-2002
Grandeur of the Seas-2006
CCL Ecstasy-2006
Enchantment of the Seas-2006
Adventure of the Seas-2007
Enchantment of the Seas-2007
Grandeur of the Seas-2009
Radiance of the Seas-2009
Celebrity Century-2010
Old 03-07-2008, 10:54 AM

There is a brief review of our Liberty of the Seas cruise on the Caribbean Port Chat. It was fantastic. I am not a big fan of really big ships, do this for the kids who love them, but was not disappointed.
RCCL Explorer 2003, 2005
RCCL Navigator, 2004, 2007
RCCL Mariner 2006
RCCL Liberty 2008
RCCL Adventure 2009

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-07-2008, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cubs720:
I booked my first flight with RCCL back in 1999 and I have always done it seperately everytime after. I have found out that it is much cheaper!! I live in Chicago and I don't know if that is the reason on RCCL just gauges the prices to make a profit. Example our cruise in May they wanted about 500rt (inclding transfers) I booked directly through Continental and paid around 200rt and as far as the transfers we are going private becuase of the cost.
This is somewhat how the cost compared to when I flew down to Miami from Newark, NJ. RCCL wanted $400 round trip and on Continental it was about $118 round trip. I had a 7 am flight, getting to Miami around 10:15, got my bags, and was at the port by about 11:00 or a little after. I slept on the plane and thought I might be tired that first night, but I was just so hyped to begin my vacation that fatigue wasn't a factor for me considering I was up at 3:30 am to get to the airport for a 7:00 am flight. My dad was kind enough to take me, which saved me the cost of a car service as well as saving the $25 per day to park at Newark Airport.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 03-08-2008, 08:10 AM

My only warning to those that chose to book their own air is that the cruise line may cancel or charter the cruise. If this happens you will have to suffer the consequences.

Old 03-08-2008, 10:50 AM

The cruise lines contract with the airlines for air seats. They pay one set price. Their price doesn't flucuate like the volatile airlines. In most cases you can find airfare cheaper on your own. However; in peak times of
travel such as Spring break, Christmas, Thanksgiving, or for last minute travel; you may find the cruise lines air to be better. Also take into consideration the cruise lines air includes the round trip transfers. The cruise lines air is also good for people who like things to be streamlined and all packaged for them. Some people also like the secure feeling of knowing the cruise line will help them with delays, cancellations etc. Therefore; to them it is worth paying any extra. Also, as mentioned by a previous poster, if by chance the cruise is cancelled due to charter, bad weather, or mechanical problems; then your protected.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:18 PM

Thanks to all of you for your feedback. I prefer having the security of knowing that the cruiseline will have to make arrangements if there was a cancelation of some sort. Since I have done some research I have decided to go through custom air through rccl. I pay a small fee and choose the flight and time that I will departing. After doing the math, it comes out the same. The difference is the security of booking through the cruiseline.

Free Cruise Clocks

Carnival Pride 7-8-2007 Mexican Riviera

Closed Thread

Tags
arrangements, caribbean, cruise, flight, flightrcclcom, flights, rccl, royal, secure