Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2007, 05:54 PM

I was just wondering what types of food are served at the Windjammer Cafe. I've heard people say "eveything" but can anyone provide detail?
Do people prefer it to the dining room or room service?
Old 06-23-2007, 06:27 PM

By everything, what they mean is there is a very large variety. Too large and varied to list here. Everything from roast lamb to BBQ ribs to enchilladas and a lot more. As far as people preferring it to dining room and room service it depends on the people you ask. If you want to wear shorts or jeans to dinner you'll be eating there only. If you like to be waited on and have multiple courses served to you, the dining room is your thing. I far prefer the dining room food to the Windjammer, you can't get prime rib, escargot or lobster at the buffet. It's all personal preference. The room service menu is very limited, salads, sandwiches, etc.

Cheers, Neil
Old 06-23-2007, 06:37 PM
The Windjammer is very good...Pizza, Hamburgers, Hotdogs, steak, roast, pork chops, salads, veggies, and enough desserts to make you sick....It's your choice....we ate lunches there a few times...and it's very very large...3 or 4 different serving lines spread out over a large area....We didn't eat suppers there preferring the main dining room...we did eat a few breakfasts there and there are a lot of choices to make there also.....no shortage of good food anywhere on the ship....Great cruising and Great eating....

Bob E
Old 06-24-2007, 01:54 PM

Thanks for the info.

Am I allowed to take food from the Windjammer Cafe if I wanted to, for instance, eat lunch out by the pool? Or can you order food to be sent to the outside decks like room service?
Old 06-24-2007, 03:30 PM

There are tables on both sides of the pool deck and you can take food from WJ to those tables to eat if you prefer. Just not in the lounge chair area closest to the pool or, of course in the pool.
Old 06-24-2007, 04:31 PM

You can take food anywhere on the ship if you really want to, but it really is much more convienient to chill by the main serving areas so you can refill your remarkably tiny glass. However, I don't think that there was ever a time on my cruises where there wasn't some sort of food readily available for everyone. No matter what option you choose, be it Windjammer Cafe, Dining Room, or the room service, the food is always in great quatities and very delicious. It all depends on the setting and style of the food.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:43 AM
My experiance with the Windjammer was a very pleasant one many varieties of food, we had most of our breakfast there and lunches we ate most of our dinners in the dining room, we also ate on the promenade a few times after excursions, food everywhere, oh but we were speaking on the windjammer weren't we well it is good and plentiful.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 06-26-2007, 06:02 PM

Windjammer has so much food to choose from. Great Buffèt!
Sometimes I don't even know what I'm eating
Old 06-27-2007, 06:50 AM

I always prefer the dining room for dinner. It's fun to get to know your tablemates and share experiences. I am not so picky about breakfast and lunch. Windjammer food is awesome, varied, and abundant. Don't worry about going back for seconds, thirds, etc. etc. There is plenty...

Closed Thread

Tags
caf, cafe, caribbean, carribean, dining, food, forums, lobster, main, review, room, royal, shorts, wear, windjammer