Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2007, 06:35 PM
My husband and I are considering the 12-day cruise on Explorer of the Seas out of New Jersey next January, February or March. I've cruised Carnival twice and Princess once, but never on Royal Caribbean, although I've heard nothing but good things about RCCL. Has anyone been on this ship? I'd love to hear people's feedback!

Thanks!

Booked on NCL Breakaway, Feb. 2014
Carnival Conquest, Feb. 2012
NCL Gem, Sept. 2011
NCL Jewel, Feb. 2011
NCL Dawn, Sept. 2010
NCL Spirit, Feb. 2010
NCL Gem, March 2009
RCCL Explorer of the Seas, Feb. 2008
Carnival Miracle, May 2007
Carnival Conquest, April 2006
Caribbean Princess, Feb. 2005
Old 06-04-2007, 08:36 PM

Would January be kind of cold and rough seas coming out of Jersey ? Were is it going ?
Just wondering I guess it would be better than working.

Caribbean Resort Reviews
Old 06-04-2007, 09:03 PM
FamilyCruiser-These are 1000ft. long ships,they ride the seas like luxury cars handle bad roads-soft and easy! It may be cold when the ship departs NYC/NJ but by the next AM it will feel quite comfy! There is no reason to fear sailing out of NYC/NJ in the winter months!

Bon Voyage,

BillyBuzzy
Old 06-04-2007, 09:27 PM

Hi Cortney, I've been a a few RCCL cruises and have no desire to cruise on any other cruise line. The Explorer is a beautiful ship with lots of thing to do. I've been on her a few times and always thought it was one of the best. She will have a whole new ice show and new dancers and singers. I'd like to see them some day. If you want, you can see some of the pictue I took on my Explorer cruise. Just CLICK HERE.

Hope this helps,

Sonny
Old 06-05-2007, 08:03 AM
Your pictures are awesome..can't wait til we board her come September!
Have you done a through-cruise of the Panama Canal. If so I'd like your thoughts.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:05 AM
From the original post- seems you're from Michigan...so you are use to the "winter"
I'm from FL and would never dream of a cruise up there in the winter....we are weak down here!
Old 06-05-2007, 08:36 AM

Yes, I've cruised from San Juan to Acapulco via the Panama Canal. It's a must do cruise. I would suggest cruising through the Panama Canal on a Radiance class ship. A Voyager class ship is too wide to go through the locks. I'm thinking about doing a Panama Canal cruise on the Brilliance next year.

Sonny
Old 06-05-2007, 11:39 AM
Is that cruise in OCT? I believe when I looked into the Panama Canal cruise in the past Princess ships were in the Spring (which we can't do) but RCCL had one in Oct. However, it did seem that RCCL was more $$$
Old 06-05-2007, 02:19 PM
Thanks for the feedback, guys! The reason I'm considering the NJ port is because I hate flying. (I know, I know.) I'm sure I will fly again eventually but I just hate it. We just went on the Miracle out of NYC a few weeks ago. We drove 12 hours to the port and it was actually a nice drive. It was chilly and rainy in NYC when we left, but nice and sunny the next morning!

I'll check out your photos, Sonny!

The 12-day goes to a lot of ports we haven't been to before, which is another reason we're looking at that one. We've already done the St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Cozumel, San Juan, Jamaica, etc. Although this cruise does go to several of those, it also goes to some places like Antigua and St. Kitts and other ports that it seems like you usually can't hit unless you fly into San Juan for embarkation. I'm sure you can guess how I feel about flying to San Juan.

Booked on NCL Breakaway, Feb. 2014
Carnival Conquest, Feb. 2012
NCL Gem, Sept. 2011
NCL Jewel, Feb. 2011
NCL Dawn, Sept. 2010
NCL Spirit, Feb. 2010
NCL Gem, March 2009
RCCL Explorer of the Seas, Feb. 2008
Carnival Miracle, May 2007
Carnival Conquest, April 2006
Caribbean Princess, Feb. 2005
Old 06-05-2007, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cousins:
Is that cruise in OCT? I believe when I looked into the Panama Canal cruise in the past Princess ships were in the Spring (which we can't do) but RCCL had one in Oct. However, it did seem that RCCL was more $$$
October would be on the Jewel. I was thinking about spring on the Brilliance. Yes, I agree the prices are a little high. I like the idea of leaving and returning to the Port of Miami.

Sonny

Closed Thread

Tags
antigua, caribbean, cruise, explorer, february, months, nj, norwegian, puerto, review, reviews, rico, royal, seas, winter