Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2007, 05:13 PM

Well today my fiance and I reserved a back-to-back cruise on Freedom of the Seas. We are so excited! I have some questions though as we both have never sailed with RCI before.

1. Can you plan spa appointments in advance?

2. Can you hire photographers on board to do a private shoot for about an hour? I think that would be amazing to get some nice pictures on different areas of the ship.

3. When are you allowed to book shore excursions?

Our cruise isn't until January 4, 2009 so I know I couldn't reserve anything now since it's so far out, but it would be nice to have a heads up. Any help/tips would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Samantha
Old 11-01-2007, 05:31 PM

Well here is what I know based on the only cruise that I have been on, which was a month ago on the Majesty.

Spa appointments I am not sure if you can book in advance, but once you are on board, I would try to book an appointment as soon as you can before they are completely booked.

I don't know about a private photographer, but there will be plenty of photo opportunities onboard and in the ports of call.

To my knowledge, as long as you have made at least one payment towards your cruise, you can go to the Shore and Land excursion section of Royal Caribbean's website and book your excursions if you are planning on booking through Royal Caribbean. You are not obligated to book through them; you can go off on your own if you want. I would book early if you book through Royal Caribbean to make sure they are not sold out.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 11-01-2007, 05:38 PM

Hi LoveCruisin,

Welcome to Cruise-Chat.

1. Don't know for sure but don't think so.

2. You won't need to hire them. On formal nights they're everywhere. Just pick the backgrounds you want to stand line for pics at and the next day they'll have proofs for you to choose from at the photo studio. They're also outside the ship at many ports and at the check-in area, in the dining room. You'll have no problem buying all the photos you want.

3. You can book excursions as soon as your final payment due date arrives and your booking is paid in full. Don't go crazy, you'll need some down time or you'll need a vacation from your vacation. I plan almost nothing in advance. Most cruisers do plan and book some early, especially many who don't cruise a lot. They're afraid they'll miss out on something. Many of those folks are regretting that decision this week because many itins have changed due to the storm. That means cancelling what they booked and scrambling for replacements on the fly. If the weather is ugly when you get there, you're in the same situation. If you meet a cool couple at your dinner table and want to hang out with them, better hope they booked the same things you did. There are other reasons I don't plan very far ahead, I just may not feel like it when we get to that port. You may be a detail oriented person and doing it my way would make you nuts. If so, book 'em.

First step will be final payment. Then go to www.royalcaribbean.com Across the top of the screen there will be a row of tabs. The center tab says "Before You Board". Put your cursor over it and a drop down menu will appear. First click on "Online Check-in" Do that and you'll be able at the end to print out a "Set Sail Pass". Don't lose it, it's your boarding pass. Then repeat the process and one of the tabs say "Shop for Shore Excursions". After you've registered, these will be specific to your cruise not a generic list of possible options.

Have a great time!

Cheers, Neil
Old 11-01-2007, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by LoveCruisin:
Well today my fiance and I reserved a back-to-back cruise on Freedom of the Seas. We are so excited! I have some questions though as we both have never sailed with RCI before.

1. Can you plan spa appointments in advance?

You will have to wait until you board unless you are in a grand suite or higher, If you are your concierge will e-mail you a couple weeks before your cruise and advise you of thier services, you may be able to ask for spa appointments then.

2. Can you hire photographers on board to do a private shoot for about an hour? I think that would be amazing to get some nice pictures on different areas of the ship.

After you board, go to the photo shop, and ask them if they can do this, they may be able to accomodate your needs. If you have a concierge, you may want to ask them if they can assist when you recieve their e-mail.

3. When are you allowed to book shore excursions?

You don't have to wait until you have made the final payment. Go to the RC web site, my cruises section you may have to enter your reservation number if it is the first time, at the bottom of the page with you cruise info there is a shore excursion section, click on that and it should bring up all the excursions they offer for your cruise. You can purchase them as soon as they are posted on the web site. You will have to pre-pay if you do this. IMO it is a great way to have the trip paid off before you sail. If you have trouble just call RC their info is on their web page. They are very helpful.

Our cruise isn't until January 4, 2009 so I know I couldn't reserve anything now since it's so far out, but it would be nice to have a heads up. Any help/tips would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Samantha

Fantasy - Bahamas 4/96
Rhaposdy OTS - S Caribbean 11/97
Jewel OTS - Europe 9/07
Mariner OTS - Caribbean 10/08

Closed Thread

Tags
advance, appointments, book, caribbean, cruise, excursions, land, majesty, rccl, reviews, royal, seas, shore, spa