Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2004, 06:04 AM

Further to lojays post, we are on the Radiance sailing in January - and received a call from our Travel Agent yesterday indicating that due to new immigration policies??, effective immediately, Royal Carribean will no longer be boarding any passengers prior to 2 PM. Has anyone heard anything about this?
Old 12-21-2004, 06:04 AM

Further to lojays post, we are on the Radiance sailing in January - and received a call from our Travel Agent yesterday indicating that due to new immigration policies??, effective immediately, Royal Carribean will no longer be boarding any passengers prior to 2 PM. Has anyone heard anything about this?
Old 12-21-2004, 08:27 AM

I have cruised out of Miami a couple of times recently and on both occasions there were delays. My understanding is that there is a limited number of immigrations officers that are assigned to each arrival and departure of a ship. The officers process the arriving passengers and then process the departing passenger. Because of the increased security that was imposed a couple of months ago, the process takes a lot longer (especially for non US residents). I recently sailed on the Navigator of the Seas and one gentleman from London that was part of our group joked that it indeed was an effective measure to stop terrorism, as no terrorist in their right mind would wait in line that long. As an example, one now goes through a formal immigration check upon arrival back into a US based cruise port. This never used to be the case.

I suspect that is the reason for pushing the boarding time back.

Tom

Closed Thread

Tags
boarding, radiance, seas, times