Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2010, 12:22 PM

Totally frustrated with RCCL. On previous cruises with Holland America and Disney I was able to do my on-line check in with my dial-up internet connection. Tried with RCCL and it doesn't work (waited for ever and nothing happened at home). I went to a hot spot and got through to put in my information but couldn't print anything. Thought I could at least print when I got home but no such luck. Called the tech help line at RCCL and the lady who answered had an attitude. She said dial-up does not work and I would have to go to the terminal and they would direct me to a computer to sign in there. She basically said tough bananas if you have dial-up. She said RCCL had the most advanced services and I asked if anyone else complained and she most of her calls were dial-up folks. Wonding why they don't put something on their web site to say dial-up doesn't work. Really don't want to wait until I get to the dock with millions of others there. Bottom line if you have dial-up don't bother trying to check-in on line.
Old 01-01-2010, 01:05 PM
Administrator

Perhaps go to the hot spot location and save the SetSail Pass as a pdf file then print it at home?

There won't be millions of others at the dock waiting to print documents. I think the last survey I read said <10% of the population still uses dial-up, hence many websites don't work well - or at all - with a dial-up modem anymore. It's just a fact of life on the internet these days. I agree they should have a notice though, saying dial-up won't work for check-in. I realize some people either don't want broadband or they can't get broadband at their home. I wouldn't expect a big crowd at the pier waiting to use a computer.

Old 01-01-2010, 05:48 PM

Thanks Dave! I just can't wait to get aboard the Independence despite what has been said in recent posts. I tried saving the SetSail Pass and also copying it but no luck. I live in a rural area where broadband is not available and we have a heavily wooded lot. Even tried satellite sticks but our dial-up was faster. It was just the "couldn't care less" attitude of the lady who answered the phone at RCCL that got me wound up. I would gladly pay for the high speed if it was available but not ready to give the rural life to do it.

Counting the days until cast away time!

Cate M.
Old 01-01-2010, 05:58 PM
Administrator

Were you using the hot spot's computer or did you bring your own laptop? If so, what kind of laptop - Mac or Windows?

Old 01-01-2010, 06:21 PM

Did they mention about getting to the pier any earlier if the SetSail Pass was not complete? Just curious, as Carnival requires guests to be there at least 90 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time if their FunPass is not complete.

Dwayne
Old 01-01-2010, 06:41 PM
Administrator

Good point, Dwayne. If you don't have the on-line process completed then you need to be checked in 90 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time.

Another option is to go to your local library. Most have broadband internet, and most importantly printers.

Old 01-02-2010, 05:59 AM

Cate,

Why not go to your public library computers and try to download the SetSail Pass from there? When we didn't have a printer we went to our library and printed off things there. It only costs us about .15cents per page to print. I know dail-up must be a pain sometimes. We live in an area where we had to wait awhile until high-speed was available here. Now, it's great having it! Good Luck and enjoy your cruise!

Barb
Old 01-03-2010, 02:11 PM

I was using a laptop with windows. The agent at RCCL just said I would have to do our check-in on our own at a terminal at the pier. There was no mention of getting there early. We are in Florida for a week before cruise so hopefully we should be there in lots of time for lunch on board.

Thanks for suggestions - will try the library.

Cate M.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:19 PM

You should be fine for lunch onboard. On my previous 2 cruises I think I was onboard the ship by noon - 12:30. Bear in mind your staterooms won't be ready until at least 1:00 - 1:30, so you'll be carrying your carry on bags with you for awhile.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 01-04-2010, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by catiemor:
Thanks Dave! I just can't wait to get aboard the Independence despite what has been said in recent posts.
Catiemor, I've been on all of the ships except for the Oasis and I have to say that the Independence was my favorite. I did 14 days on her last year and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Sonny

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, chech, check, pass, print, royal, setsail