Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2008, 12:46 PM

I just found out that Royal Caribbean is doing away with mailing out the cruise book with all your cruise info.

My cruise doc's were e-mailed to me to download.
Which is fine.

My question is - how should I handle theses paper lugges tages. Theses are never going to last. I like to put them on before I leave home - one last thing to think about.

Any advice?
Old 04-17-2008, 07:01 PM

I would buy some lamination paper or clear contact paper and put that on them. That should make them plenty strong enough.
RCCL Sovereign 3/08
RCCL Sovereign 10/08
RCCL Monarch 4/09
RCCL Navigator 3/10
RCCL Radiance 4/11
Carnival Dream 4/12
Carnival Glory 10/12
Carnival Fantasy 5/13
RCCL Allure 10/13

Need some cruise help?
Old 04-18-2008, 04:39 AM

We just came back form a cruise in which we were given e docs. Our travel agent also gave us blank luggage tags that looked like the old ones issued by RCCL. We just wrote in info (ship name, cabin etc.

If you can't get those I was going to try clear packing tape. I was going to wrap it around the handle with the paper stuck in the middle. It is very strong and I figured it was a cheaper way to go.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:32 AM
I printed mine on hot pink card stock paper & then ran them through the lamination machine at work. They seem to be pretty sturdy, I guess we will find out.
Old 04-19-2008, 06:42 AM

To all with e-docs & paper luggage tags: Really no need to laminate or anything else. The porters at the dock have luggage tags (the same as you used to get with mailed docs) and all you do is put your name, stateroom #, and ship & date on the blank tag, attach it to your suitcase, and you're "good to go"! You might want to carry a Sharpie pen along with you just for this purpose. Happy Sailing!!
Old 04-19-2008, 08:10 PM

Our only problem was that the porter we were dealing with got mobbed by people wanting tags. Poor guy......and then everyone trying to keep their bags staright. I felt bad for the guy! I'm not sure why he got mobbed....there were plenty of others there to help.

Celebrity Eclipse March 5, 2011
Serenade of the Seas Oct 23, 2011

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, tages