Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2007, 01:17 PM

Hey again!

I have another question about my future back-to-back cruise. Depending on which ship my fiance and I choose to go on, we may visit Labadee twice. Would anyone suggest to not see this port twice within our 2 week cruise? We will be either on Freedom or Liberty of the Seas. Personally, I didn't think it would be bad since the ships are huge and it would give us a chance to explore them more. Plus, since its RCI's private island, it makes it that more tempting since its so seclusive.

If anyone can give me any tips if we should revisit Labadee or go with the itinerary that visits St. Thomas instead of Haiti. (I've been to St. Thomas and loved it but my fiance has never been there. But we both have never visited Labadee) Also, if it helps, the other ports of call are St. Maarten, Grand Cayman, Jamaica, San Juan, and Cozumel.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
Sam

P.S. - Thanks for the advice I received from my other post! We will be going with the Grand Cayman/Jamaica itinerary
Old 10-25-2007, 03:17 PM

I've never been to St. Thomas, but I really loved Labadee. My crazy husband did the zip line over the ocean. My son & I just relaxed in the beautiful ocean.

10-14-07 Freedom of the Seas
10-04-08 Liberty of the Seas
Old 10-25-2007, 03:24 PM

I have been to both and I say NO to Labadee twice, and go for the itinerary with St Thomas. I don't love St Thomas either(too congested), but would suggest a side trip to St John for lovely secluded beaches, and a tropical island feel.
Admiral-1988
Monarch of the Seas-1993
Song of America-1994
Majesty of the Seas-1995
Splendour of the Seas-1996
CCL Destiny-1997
Empress of the Seas-1998
Rhapsody of the Seas-1998
Legend of the Seas-1999
Monarch of the Seas-2000
Windstar-2002
Grandeur of the Seas-2006
CCL Ecstasy-2006
Enchantment of the Seas-2006
Adventure of the Seas-2007
Enchantment of the Seas-2007
Grandeur of the Seas-2009
Radiance of the Seas-2009
Celebrity Century-2010
Old 10-25-2007, 03:49 PM

I love Labadee too, but if I was doing a back to back, I'd rather do Labadee one week and St. Thomas the other.

Sonny
Old 11-25-2007, 05:48 PM

I loved Labadee, also. After a busy week touring other ports, it was wonderful to relax on RCI's private island. The only people there are from your ship. You can relax on the beach, kayak or jump on the water trampolines. RCI sets up a lunch buffet and there's a bar right off the beach area (use sea pass card for drinks). You can take a walk to the straw market, but beware the people are very pushy about you buying from them and each section basically is selling the same stuff. I bought a few things. They are so poor that getting $20 is a huge thing. Labadee is a great stop for down time.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:32 PM
Labadee was a great way to spend the day...just walking around, sitting in the sun, splashing in the water and of course eating...the ship will set up two areas for eating...nice barbeque...the Zipline was up and running while we were there, but I would try it in a minute after hearing all the fun stories about it....and yes, the local vendors and PUSHY...we finally had to leave the area....but it's a beautiful area of Haiti....Try it once and if you don't like it...skip it the second time around....Enjoy the cruise...

Bob E
Old 12-03-2007, 11:25 AM

Any tips about Labadee? Where to head to first?
Old 12-03-2007, 08:33 PM

It's not that big of an area that you can venture out. Relax on beach, BBQ cook out, kayak, zip-line, aqua park (which has blow up slide & trampoline in roped off area on beach.
Children that are old enough to swim on their own can enjoy the "Aqua park" while parents relax on the beach and watch them. Parents can also join in on the fun and climb on the slides and trampoline. The only people at this location are the ones from your cruise ship. Check out the excursions on RCCL site. It's a nice peaceful relaxing day. Enjoy!

Closed Thread

Tags
bad, labadee, maarten, st, visit