Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2007, 07:22 PM

breyes,
I usually don't have a problem keeping warm. I, like you, prefer the second sitting. I guess this one I am going to play it by ear. Thanks everyone for all the advise. If anyone out there has anything to add, I will love to hear it. The more information I have the better prepared I'll be.
Carnival Glory 9/06
Mariner of the Seas 5/07
Freedom of the Seas 9/07
Sovereign of the Seas 2/08
Enchantment of the Seas 4/08
Liberty of the Seas 9/08
Independence " 11/08
Freedom of the Seas 5/09

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-12-2007, 09:32 PM

Nica,
I think you are pretty much on your own as far as the pool chairs are concerned. The people that have their towels there to reserve their chairs are usually somewhere in the pool area. It's kind of first come, first serve. It may take a while, but I haven't had to wait too long to find a pool chair in the past.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:55 PM

My hubby and I have twice asked for window seats at the back of the ship. Both time our request was honored but this was on HAL, and Princess. All we did was check with the Maitre D when we arrived on the ship and they were happy to oblige. Good luck.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:31 PM

thank you, paljoeysmom. I think I will wait and see how it goes on the Mariner (I am traveling with kids, brother and sister-in-law) and if the sunsets are a litte earlier, I may change to first sitting and ask for the window sitting. After all, we will be with children on the Mariner and Sans children on the Freedom. I will like to make those times alone with my better half a little more romantic .
Carnival Glory 9/06
Mariner of the Seas 5/07
Freedom of the Seas 9/07
Liberty of the Seas 9/08
Independence " 11/08
Freedom of the Seas 5/09

Old 04-20-2007, 02:55 PM

Don't wait until you board to ask. Call the Res Agent who did your booking and have him/her put the request in ASAP. These things are decided onboard but the date of the requests is a factor. Another factor is how many people slip their Head Waiters (Maitre'D) a twenty to bypass that list of requests.

Cheers, Neil
Old 04-20-2007, 04:08 PM

trvlpro,
I have already requested window sitting on both cruises. However,I am willing to settle for whatever on the Mariner since is 6 of us traveling together. It may be a little hard to arrange all of us to move. But for my cruise on the Freedom, I may have to make some changes, possibly changing to first sitting to be able to catch the sunset. But yes, if the sunsets are before eight oclock, I will call RCI to change me to first sitting but still with the request for a window. I will be very glad to let my dead president (jackson) find a better resting place (maitre d's pocket) to achieve the goal.
Carnival Glory 9/06
Mariner of the Seas 5/07
Freedom of the Seas 9/07
Liberty of the Seas 9/08
Independence " 11/08
Freedom of the Seas 5/09

Old 04-20-2007, 06:15 PM

Here is a link to a Sunrise/sunset calendar.. Just as an FYI, last week the sun set about 6:25 each evening.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed ** the things that you didn't do than ** the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

Mark Twain

My cruise photos: http://community.webshots.com/user/Sheffie100
Old 04-21-2007, 12:38 PM

Once again sheffie, you are life saver. I am calling RCI to change my sitting for the Freedom cruise. It seems that in Sept. sunset will be around 6pm. So, first sitting will be better.
Carnival Glory 9/06
Mariner of the Seas 5/07
Freedom of the Seas 9/07
Liberty of the Seas 9/08
Independence " 11/08
Freedom of the Seas 5/09

Old 04-21-2007, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Nica:
Once again sheffie, you are life saver. I am calling RCI to change my sitting for the Freedom cruise. It seems that in Sept. sunset will be around 6pm. So, first sitting will be better.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed ** the things that you didn't do than ** the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

Mark Twain

My cruise photos: http://community.webshots.com/user/Sheffie100
Old 04-30-2007, 03:30 PM

We did not ask for the window table, but decided to go with the table we had. The only problem....it was a table for 10 people, and it was hard to have a conversation across the table, from people being that far apart.

Another thing, our food and staff were great.
We did noticed that at times (at least 3 different times)the other couples would go to one of the other restaurants instead, which was ok, but I really felt for the servers that waited on us, as they were the ones in the long run that were going to loose the tips. I know the other restaurants are in business to make money also, so naturally the other restaurant servers would be getting the tips instead.

I talked with some of the people at our table, and there were various reasons why they did not show up all the time. I told this to the servers, as they thought it was their fault , and I told them it was not.

Closed Thread

Tags
12, carnival, criuse, cruise, dining, dinner, freedom, hip, main, request, room, seas, sitting, size, table, victory, window