Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2007, 04:03 PM

I am taking a cruise with my wife in Sept. It will be just the two of us. I don't mind sitting in a big table with others (great opportunity to meet others). However, I wanted to be sitted by a widnow where we can look at a sunset or into the ocean as we enjoy our dinner. We booked our cruise with RCI directly and was told that we needed to ask the matre d' for a change on sitting arrangements as soon as we got on board. That they could not do it. Is this right? If so, When should I slip the face of dead president onto his hand to "ensure" the sitting arrangement? Please give me some advise.
Carnival Glory 9/06
Mariner of the Seas 5/07
Freedom of the Seas 9/07
Sovereign of the Seas 2/08
Enchantment of the Seas 4/08
Liberty of the Seas 9/08
Independence " 11/08
Freedom of the Seas 5/09

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-11-2007, 09:24 PM

Nica,
I'm not sure if RCCL can do that for you or not when you book, but I'm pretty sure that the host in your dining room on the cruise would be more than happy to do this for you. I would just say get to dinner early the first night to assure you're at the front of the line and you shouldn't have any problems. All of the staff on the ships are very accomodating and will usually provide you with just about whatever you want.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:40 PM
Banned

I'd go a step further; as soon as you hit the ship, go to the dining room, locate your table (your table number will be on your cruise pass), and if it is not a window table, that is the time to slip a dead jackson or so to the maitre'd. Don't wait until 10 minutes before dinner.

Window tables are great, but depending on your seating, first or second, a nice view may be moot (too dark at the second seating). Also, often times, the plexiglass windows are scratched and you don't get a clear view outside.

Have a great cruise!
Old 04-12-2007, 05:17 AM

Thank you christie, and thank you GC,
I have second sitting, so GC if I am reading your post correctly, it may not even matter. I thought sunsets would be around 8:30pm and would be great to watch while eating. I guess, I'll see how it goes in May and make a decision for Sept at that time. If I find out that it's worth it, I'll definitely be there as soon as we come aboard and give my dead jackson a different resting place. Again, thanks
Carnival Glory 9/06
Mariner of the Seas 5/07
Freedom of the Seas 9/07
Liberty of the Seas 9/08
Independence " 11/08
Freedom of the Seas 5/09

Old 04-12-2007, 05:49 AM
Nicca:
On our last cruise on Mariner, we started out at a large table with three other couples. However, one couple were not pleased because the man had said that he had asked for, and had been told, that he and his wife could be at a small table alone, and that he had set this up prior to boarding the ship. The next night, he and his wife were seated at a small table. There must be a way to set this up, but I'm not aware of the process. I like your idea, but I'm sure that there are others who have a similar idea. You may want to talk to someone else at RCCL to see if this is possible.
Also, remember that there are no tables in the main dining room that face AFT. All the window tables face port or starboard. Depending on which way the ship is sailing, you could watch a sunset, or not...........
Have a great time!
Ooooops-just noticed that your September cruise is on Freedom-sorry-maybe the dining rooms are set up the same as Mariner. Anyhow, I like your thinking about table seating. Be sure and ask for a window seat should you eat at one of the special restaurants like Chops.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:13 AM

Just got off the phone with an RCI rep. who said that he could put a request but cannot guarantee anything. That's better than nothing. Well, thanks to your posts, I now have an alternate plan.
Hey, does anyone have any advice about chairs around the pool? A lot of people leave their towels on the chairs so as to reserve it, I personally do not like this practice, can anything be done about it or has anything been done? I guess this could be another question on another post, but I figure this question gets asked too many times and it may be a sore subject for some. So, I just throw it in hoping for a response.
Carnival Glory 9/06
Mariner of the Seas 5/07
Freedom of the Seas 9/07
Liberty of the Seas 9/08
Independence " 11/08
Freedom of the Seas 5/09

Old 04-12-2007, 06:38 AM

Sunset in September in places like San Juan is around 6:35pm at the beginning of Sept to 6:15pm by the end of the month. You'll have a good time watching the sun set as you stand along the ship's rail, before dinner!

Sandy
Old 04-12-2007, 06:45 AM

My preference is a table by the inside railing on the second or third floor of the dining room. I like the view of the dining room. Around 3pm on the first day the maitre'd or assistent maitre'd will be in the dining room to assist people with their table assignments. It's good advice to find your table a early as possible before making any request to change. I often have found the size of table and location I request through my T.A. wasn't what I requested. When we tell the maitre'd we what we requested when we booked our cruise it seems to help. They will do their best to accomodate you. We've even changed our table as late as the third night of the cruise. A window table isn't much use if you are at the second seating unless you like looking at black.

Sonny
Old 04-12-2007, 10:53 AM

Thank you Sonny and Sandy,
I guess that will be the first thing I do as soon as I can(3:00pm). Thank you for the recommendation, I will definitely look into it. I had requested window sitting for the Mariner, but really did not have any expectations to get it since we are traveling with our kids, my brother (his first cruise), and his wife. So, I will be happy anywhere.
Carnival Glory 9/06
Mariner of the Seas 5/07
Freedom of the Seas 9/07
Liberty of the Seas 9/08
Independence " 11/08
Freedom of the Seas 5/09

Old 04-12-2007, 02:53 PM

I just wanted to mention that we always have 2nd seating. There have been a couple times when we seen the sun set.

Another thing to think about, and you may not have that problem, but if you are sitting close to the window, it can get cool/cold there.

Closed Thread

Tags
12, carnival, criuse, cruise, dining, dinner, freedom, hip, main, request, room, seas, sitting, size, table, victory, window