Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2009, 02:25 PM

Does anyone know when "formal" night takes place on Explorer's 5-night cruise to Bermuda? We leave Cape Liberty NJ on a Saturday afternoon. I want to make sure I didn't make Portofinos reservations for the same night as formal night.

Thank you,
Old 02-20-2009, 02:36 PM
Administrator

I'd say it is the evening of the second day, before you arrive at Bermuda the next morning.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:22 PM

Formal nights are always after a day at sea.

Sonny
Old 02-20-2009, 04:14 PM

Whew! I made reservations for Monday night (the third night), so I guess I'm OK.

Thanks for putting my mind at ease.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:27 PM
Administrator

I have to ask - why is it so important that you didn't have Portofino's on the formal night?
Old 02-20-2009, 05:07 PM

We're traveling with my sister (aged 75), who has never been on a cruise. I have been telling her about how we will be getting dressed up and going to a "formal night" dinner. She loves getting "dressed up". Also, she can't wait to get her formal picture taken before dinner!

I also said that she'd have another opportunity to get spiffy when we go to a "specialty" restaurant. She thought that was exciting and is already shopping for the new dresses she wants to buy.

It would not be a disaster if I booked Portofinos on the same night as formal night, but I just think she'd be disappointed about missing out on one of those experiences.

I'm trying hard to to make it a perfect cruise for my sister and cousin (who will also be joining us). My wife said I'm going to be a nervous wreck worrying about all of these details and won't relax enough to enjoy the cruise. After all, it is supposed to be MY vacation, too.

So much for relaxed cruising as a group, when you're the one "in charge"...
Old 02-20-2009, 05:23 PM
Administrator

Well I hope your sister - all of you - have a great time and enjoy the nights when you get dressed to the nines.

Yes, being the coordinator of something often means you get all the stress and not as much enjoyment. Don't dwell too much on the small details. They really won't matter that much.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:46 PM

Just in case...you can always change your reservations if necessary.

Sonny
Old 02-20-2009, 07:28 PM

I think everything's good to go now. Formal dinner on Sunday night, Portofinos on Monday night, and then its the Connoisseur Club for me and my two cigars, accompanied by some peach schnapps on Tuesday and Wednesday nights!

Everybody comes out a winner!

Closed Thread

Tags
20, captains, caribbean, carnival, cruise, cruises, day, dinner, formal, liberty, night, nights, olds, royal, shop, year