Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2008, 10:50 AM
Administrator

Quote:
What will my fuel charge be?
Are you all in one cabin? If so your charge will be $40. The surcharge is $5 per person/per day for the first and second guests in each cabin.

Old 03-14-2008, 11:48 AM

So I do have the same resevation number that I had before my upgrade and still don't have the credit. Do you think I should be worried?
Old 03-14-2008, 12:16 PM

I checked with my TA on the credit and she checked with RCCL. She said she was told since they are doing the crediting manually, it will take some time to get all affected by this done.
Old 03-14-2008, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Marcus27:
So I do have the same resevation number that I had before my upgrade and still don't have the credit. Do you think I should be worried?
Don't worry, be happy…you'll get an on board credit. Do you have a TA or did you book through RCCL? If you call RCCL they should tell you about the on board credit.

Old 03-14-2008, 02:31 PM

Regent Seven Seas Cruises will implement a cruise ship fuel surcharge of $7.50 per
person per day for all new 2009 bookings beginning April 1, 2008.
Can RCI, Princess, Celebrity & NCL be far behind?
Old 03-14-2008, 06:36 PM

Sonny...I booked through the RCCL website. I know it will come, but I get antsy because $70 is a fun night bar hopping on the ship and I don't want to miss out.
Old 03-16-2008, 02:49 PM

I just called RCI a couple days ago regarding our April 6 cruise and it showed the on-board credit. It was a quick 2 minute call!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-18-2008, 09:25 PM

woohoo.. thats $40 extra for drink.. yipee

-Jess
April 3rd NAVIGAOR OF THE SEAS

El Greco: Jamaica Resort
Old 03-20-2008, 02:56 PM
Banned

This is a good thing. They should be able to jack the price to whatever they want before you pay, but to tack on extra fees after the sale is disgusting and dishonest (even if they disclose in thick legaleeze thier right to do it)...Hurray for the Attorney General of Fla for being on the ball, but it makes me wonder where the FTC and consumer protection agency where while these companies were sticking it to us.
You allready need a calculator to add up all the fees, service and port charges, tips, soda cards, speciality resturant fees, bar tab, ect.
We should not need to have a crystal ball to add in fees they havent instituted yet!

These mega-companies are using our money that we pay in advance to finance thier fleets, they also buy gas in huge chunks at contract prices. they have cheap contracts with thier foriegn labor (subsidized by the forced tipping policy)They keep buying thier competition and making huge profits...I don't waste a tear over them having to pay more for gas, it's the cost of doing business. I just wish they would price it in upfront or eat the cost. I hope the glut of new cabins drives the prices down. Just my opinion, of course we are doing all-inclusive resorts lately so its not a big issue for us.
We love cruising and will do it later when prices come down and new ports and itineraries are added.
Old 03-20-2008, 05:53 PM

Wise2U:
Not all companies "Hedge" fuel. Your waiting for cruise prices to come down?? Cruising has maintained the same pricing for many years. The cruise price itself is extremely low. It's the fuel supplement, port fees, and government tases that make up the rest. It is still one of the best values in a vacation.
If you don't like surcharges, take a look at all your utility bills.

Closed Thread

Tags
2012, carnival, fuel, supplement, surcharge