Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2006, 07:04 PM

Hi
We're naive new cruisers, and just don't know. Does it make a difference on a big ship like the Mariner whether or not we're in the front, back or middle?

What about Deck 2 vs. Deck 10? Does is matter?

Thank you so much!
Old 10-20-2006, 07:40 PM
Administrator

For most cases it doesn't really matter. However if seas were rough then it is ironic that the cheapeast cabins (those on deck 2) ride better than the expensive cabins on deck 10. Cabins on the lowest deck and closest to the ships centerline have the least amount of felt motion.

But seas rough enough to make a noticeable difference in cabin ride are rare (at least to me), so I really wouldn't worry about it. I typically try to get a cabin close to the pool deck since I hang out there. I'd be more concerned with keeping in mind what is above and below my cabin - such as a running track or a lounge with live music. These can give you more of a problem than the motion of the ship.
Old 10-21-2006, 06:33 AM

Dave,
Thank you very much!
That is helpful.
patti
Old 10-21-2006, 12:26 PM

I have been in rooms from the front to the back. I am not prone to sea sickness, so it makes no difference. If you are, stay in the center and low.

I agree with Dave56, When I book a room I am more concerned about what is located above and below my cabin. I am a lite sleeper and any noise will wake me up. I had one cruise where they rolled a heavy cart across the deck above me every night between midnight and 1:00 AM.

Caribbean Vacation Links

Beaches Resorts by SandalsCaribbean Travel Articles
Old 10-21-2006, 05:07 PM

Hi Sassy 1 ( Patty )

If it is because of sea sickness that you are concerned with the location then do not worry. The RCCL ships have state of the art stablizers and the trip is very smooth. I have been on 20 foot seas on the Mariner and you could barely tell it. So do not worry. Just plan on having a great time and you will.

St. Martin Hotel Reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
back, cabin, cruise, cruises, cruising, deck, difference, front, make, matter, middle, rear, room, ship, vs