Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2005, 04:52 PM

I have read a couple of reviews stating about deck 6. I have a Superior State Room and after reading about the balcony some people feel they need to change to a different deck. What is the difference between the glass railing and steel???? Thanks....
Old 09-06-2005, 09:02 PM

I haven't read the reviews but I have had a balcony room on deck six of the Explorer and it was wonderful. I was hooked on balcony staterooms from that cruise on. I think we only had a deluxe but man, it was so nice.

Old 09-21-2005, 03:34 PM

I sailed on the sister ship Voyager and I too had the same question. I found out before I left from a friend who worked for RCL that the front of the balconies on deck six are solid steel verses deck 7 and up are glass. Which means with the glass fronts you will have no obstructions blocking your view. Go with deck 7 and higher, you will be happier.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:11 PM

We had a Deck 6 balcony room on AOS in August, and while we had the steel bottom, we didn't mind it at all for several reasons. We were only at sea one day out of the seven we sailed, and that day we did spend time on the balcony, but we did a lot of stuff on the ship, too. When we pulled into and out of ports, we were standing up watching, so a glass bottom would not have made a difference. Since we sailed mostly at night, what we saw over the rail (lights on the shores we were passing) was fine. We liked to have the balcony door open to get the fresh sea air at night, so the glass would have made no difference.

Hope this helps!
Chris

Read and post cruise reviews

Veracruz - '85
CCL Tropicale - '94
RCCL Adventure of the Seas - '05
CCL Valor - '06
CCL Victory - '06
Celebrity Century - '07
CCL Triumph - '07
CCL Victory - '08
NCL Gem - '10

Closed Thread

Tags
balcony, caribbean, cruise, deck, explorer, explorere, forum, front, review, rooms, royal, seas, staterooms