Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2003, 01:12 PM

1st time cruise this Sept 19-21. Just to sample it to see if we like cruising. Any tips for this ship or Nassau or Co Co Cay? Someone told me to buy the drink "cups" to save $. We got RT including air from BWI for under $500. A deal! Any cruise secrets? How do you get your room upgraded?
Old 08-26-2003, 01:12 PM

1st time cruise this Sept 19-21. Just to sample it to see if we like cruising. Any tips for this ship or Nassau or Co Co Cay? Someone told me to buy the drink "cups" to save $. We got RT including air from BWI for under $500. A deal! Any cruise secrets? How do you get your room upgraded?
Old 08-26-2003, 01:22 PM

your airfare was $500, or the cruise with air fare was under $500. That is really good. i leave on sept 1 on the same ship out of bwi too. can't wait, first time cruiser too. i am so excited 6 more days. yeahhhhhhhhhhh.
Old 08-30-2003, 05:10 PM

We went on the Sovereign of the Seas in April out of Orlando. It stopped at Coco Cay and Nassau. In Coco Cay, we went out on the waverunners and had a blast! It was our first time on waverunners and we really enjoyed it. It is a bit expensive, but I think it's worth the splurge. The barbeque they had for lunch was great. The island was very pretty and very relaxing. RCL has a bunch of hammocks and chairs available. I would suggest trying to get on the first tender that morning (the ships set anchor away from shore and small boats, called tenders, take you to shore). As for Nassau, we went to Paradise Island and toured the Atlantis and then went down to the beach there and played in the ocean for about 2 hours. You can get there either by taking a water taxi, or you'll find plenty of folks right outside the cruise area offering you a cab ride. There is plenty to do in Nassau. We are taking the Majesty of the Seas in January; it would be great to hear about your trip.

Tom

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, majesty, royal, seas, secrets