Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2006, 04:23 PM

I booked a cruise for this coming March 5 on the Adventure of the Seas and I'm concerned about a few things. I didn't book the trip, my friends did and we initially wanted 3 double rooms for 6 people. Supposedly, the travel agent said that the cruise was booked up and we would need to take two triple rooms instead.

My first question is this: what size should I be expecting? I specifically told my friend to not book this cruise if we are basically talking about a double room with an extra bed thrown into the same space. I did that in college 10 years ago and it was OK when I was 18. Not now. He told me that the travel agent said that this is not the case, however, from doing my own research I think he was either (a) misled by the travel agent, or (b) he misled me.

My second question deals with the pricing of such cruises. What kind of pricing is the norm here? Maybe I'm just getting paranoid, but if in fact we are dealing with 3 people in a double sized space, I would think the price would be a bit lower per person. Instead, I'm still roughly paying the same amount.

Any thoughts? Hopefully someone out there can assuage me and tell me I'm just being way too paranoid.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:23 PM

Hello~~

According www.ICruise.com, there is plenty of availability on this sailing. Should you go there and have a look, you can get an idea of typical pricing at this time on this sailing.

I don't think it's too late to adjust this situation.

Bon Voyage~~

Lana
Old 02-21-2006, 08:04 PM

Quote:
we initially wanted 3 double rooms for 6 people. Supposedly, the travel agent said that the cruise was booked up and we would need to take two triple rooms instead.
Did the agent say there were not 3 cabins available on the whole ship, or in the category you wanted? I'm seeing several double cabins available, but I don't know if they're in the category you want. Some categories are sold out.

As for the third person in the room, some rooms have an "upper" bed that folds out from the wall. Other rooms have a sitting area that includes a sofa and chairs. The sofa is a pull-out double bed, and the sitting room is separated from the main bed area by a curtain.

The pricing is structured such that the first two people in the room pay the double occupancy price, and the third person pays a reduced rate. The double occupancy rate depends on the category, and on Royal Caribbean, the third person rate is the same no matter what category you're in. The room is the same room whether you have 2 or 3 people in it.

What my clients usually do when there are 3 people in the room is take the cabin total and divide it by 3, so that the price is the same for everyone, as it averages out.

Sandy

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carnival, carribean, crius, cruise, double, person, price, prices, room, rooms, royal, ship, ships, triple