Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2004, 08:37 PM

Can you get internet in your stateroom if you bring your own laptop? I've read that you can get unlimited access for the length of your cruise for about $100. Does anyone know if this is correct for Royal Caribbean? We are sailing on the Grandeur of the Seas. Any help would be appreciated.
Also, when do they send out your documents from the cruise line? We have already paid in full & leave Sept. 24th.
Thanks again for all the great advice!
Nancy
Old 07-25-2004, 08:37 PM

Can you get internet in your stateroom if you bring your own laptop? I've read that you can get unlimited access for the length of your cruise for about $100. Does anyone know if this is correct for Royal Caribbean? We are sailing on the Grandeur of the Seas. Any help would be appreciated.
Also, when do they send out your documents from the cruise line? We have already paid in full & leave Sept. 24th.
Thanks again for all the great advice!
Nancy
Old 07-26-2004, 04:52 AM

Some of the newer ships offer internet hook-up in the stateroom, but the Grandeur is not one of them. You will have to use their internet cafe to communicate online.

As for your documents, cruise lines seem to be sending them out much closer to sailing than in the past - Used to be you could count on receiving them at least a month before sailing, but now it is more often about 2 weeks from the sailing date.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 07-26-2004, 07:06 AM

Thanks Nancy. Do you know if you can still pay for unlimited access in the internet cafe? Or do you have to pay by the hour? And could you still use your own laptop. Would that make it easier if it was busy and there were no computers available?
Thanks again!
Old 07-26-2004, 02:38 PM

Hi Nancy,
On my latest cruise on RCI (Rhapsody of the Seas in April), you could still only pay for internet connection by the minute ($.50). It is one of the few areas that I find fault with RCI - It would be soooo much nicer for those of us who need to use the internet excessively to pay a package price. I have heard that on some of their newer ships they are offering better deals -not sure why it is not fleet wide. As for bringing your own laptop and using it at the internet cafe - not possible. There are no open terminals.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 07-26-2004, 04:13 PM

I just got off the Legend of the Seas yesterday and they also only offered Internet Cafe access for $.50 per minute. Unfortunately, it was so slow that I just forgot about logging on except when in port. I suspect all of the Vision class ships are configured the same.

Tom
Old 07-28-2004, 12:29 PM

I just had the pleasure of cruising on the SilverSea Whisper it had a TV system that let me send and receive e-mail from your stateroom. The same system also let me watch movies and travel the Internet for news and sports updates. It was very cool, has anyone seen this on other cruise lines?
Old 07-28-2004, 12:59 PM

What a nice perk!!! I have not sailed on a ship that offers that kind of service, but it sure would be great if they all did!

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carribean, cruise, cruiseline, grandeur, hook, hooking, hookup, hookups, internet, reviews, royal, seas, seniorhookup, ship, tv