Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2009, 01:34 PM

My husband and I just booked the Legend of the Seas 12 Night Greece & Eastern Med Cruise in September in the D2 balcony class. This is our first cruise (ever) and our first time visiting Italy, Greece & Egypt (well actually our first time leaving the US together). Any ideas, suggestions, tips or reviews on the ship/RCI(though I guess it's a little too late for bad reviews now) and the region would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much
Old 01-07-2009, 02:13 PM

First off, welcome to cruise chat! I hav enot sailed on the Legend, so I can't offer any info on the ship, but I can tell you that you will really enjoy Greece and Eastern Med. 12 days is perfect for doing this itinerary as it affords more ports. I suggest you visit our European port chat area and used the "Find" feature. Type in the name of the ports you will be visiting and you will surely find lots of information. If you have any questions that you can't find answers to, just ask away and we will be very happy to assist!
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 01-07-2009, 02:27 PM

Thank you so much! I'll be off to visit that section now. This is a great forum and I've already discovered some great gems from all of the contributors.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:32 PM
HI we were on Legend last year and had a lovely time. The staff were really friendly and the ship is really beautiful. Paricularily liked the Viking lounge for a cocktail at the end of the day and the solarium for relaxing during the day. Food was very good in the main dining room. Europe is a great place to visit and each country has such a unique feel to it.

Not sure where you are visiting in each country but suggest that if you go to Rome you take the RCI trips as it is over an hour from the port to the centre of Rome and you dont want to risk missing the ship. If you stop at Naples then you can just walk off the ship and catch the ferry over to Capri. Hope that you get chance to see the pyramids in Cairo as they are really special and it is worth the effort of going inside the great pyramid. Have a wonderful cruise and I am sure you will love having breakfast or a coffee on your balcony as you pull into each of the ports. magical!

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, food, good, greece, idea, legend, mediterranean, powered, pyramid, seas, time, tip, tips, vbulletin, visiting