Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2003, 12:12 PM

My husband and I will be going on the celebrity century on the 14th of June to the e. carribbean. I was wondering if we dont have excursions booked throughout the entire time can we walk freely. The reason I ask this is b/c I noticed that some excursions list shopping...
Old 05-22-2003, 12:12 PM

My husband and I will be going on the celebrity century on the 14th of June to the e. carribbean. I was wondering if we dont have excursions booked throughout the entire time can we walk freely. The reason I ask this is b/c I noticed that some excursions list shopping...
Old 05-27-2003, 08:36 AM

Yes you can just get off and do what you want. However, I've read that there is a few places you shouldn't do that. I thinks it was in Mexico. Just do research of the ports and you'll be able to decide.
Old 06-01-2003, 01:18 PM

You'll be fine on your own. Cab drivers and owner operator tours are readily available. Most of the excursions are more expenses through the cruise line. Check shoretrips.com if you decide you wnat to explore alittle further.
Old 06-01-2003, 06:49 PM

I made the mistake of planning my excursions ahead of time online, before we ever stepped foot on the ship. Several bad things happened from this. 1. the ship cancelled two of the four excursions we had booked in advance leaving us to pick something else at the last minute. I knew they had the right and ability to do this, I just didn't think it would happen to me. 2. What if you were sick that day and didn't feel up to an excursion? The ship will not grant refunds without a 24 hour advanced cancellation notice. No excuses will be allowed! 3. Because I prebooked, I missed out on a lot of offshore excursion opportunities that were just as fun, safe and cheaper! I say be adventurous. I don't know about walking to the other side of an island on your own somewhere as I'm almost sure this would be an unsafe thing to do, but stay with the crowds and most of all do a lot of talking especially to other's onboard, you would be amazed at what kind of advise you can get. I plan to do it this way on my next cruise. Good luck!

Amy

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, islands