Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2005, 12:47 PM

Hello All,

We will be cruising on MOS this October. We have booked two OV Staterooms. I have been reading lots of entries.......great information.

Does anyone have opinions about:

1. I have read about a teen excursion in Nassau...."Teen Junkaroo" Is this a RCI excursion? I understand it is a teen boad ride around Paradise Island. Has anyone allowed their teen to go? If so was it a good experience? Also, what is the cost & time? How do you sign up etc.
2. On Coco Cay I understand there is a floating playground.........what exactly is this...what is the fee and what ages most appreciate?
3. Wine Program....I have read this is offered when you board. How much $ and does it only include wine served during dining?
4. Customs for our Key West stop..... I've read that everyone on the boat must go through customs including staff before anyone can get off in Key West. It is a short stop and I am concerned how long we will be onboard.

I appreciate all information & ideas....my husband and I took a Carnival cruise this past March this time we will be traveling as a family. Our girls are 11, 12 & 14. Anyone who has taken a cruise with a family and has ideas to share about schedule/stops/activities for Nassau would be grand to read.....I have seen lots of ideas and I am leaning towards no excurrsions....just going on our own but I do think there are things the girls should see while we are in Nassau......Atlantis would be fun but not being permitted to ride the slides would be a dissappointment..........wondering if Crystal Palace or Cabbage Beach would be better bets.

Thank you!!
Old 09-04-2005, 07:37 AM

Hi Barbat,
Welcome to cruise-chat! The only Teen Junkanoo excursion I am aware of is the one offered by Disney Cruises. RCI does not offer it. I would definitely hesitate booking such an activity from a local vendor in Nassau, if one was available. If anything, I would hope that the Aruba case serves to promote a "proceed with great caution" when it comes to any "teen adventures".

The Aqua Park at Coco Cay costs $15 per person. It offers a giant floating sand castle for climbing and sliding, huge in water trampolines, a floating "Water Totter", leg rolls, etc.

RCI's wine packages are primarily for your enjoyment during dinner, however you are welcome to take any bottles you do not finish at dinner with you when you leave the dining room or they will cork them to finish the next night. Follow this link to our parent site Cruise Reviews: http://www.cruisereviews.com/RoyalCaribbean/
then scroll down to the bottom the page to access the descriptions and costs of the Wine Packages that are offered.

Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
1st, aqua, cococay, cruise, family, ideas, park