Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2010, 10:55 AM

Vacation is over...how sad I am. Our cruise was fantastic!! Seas were a bit rough sailing out of Cape Liberty and coming back; but we were ok. We had wonderful service people, the food was just ok in the dining room. Food in the Windjammer was very good. Guests were upset with the policy of reserved deck chairs for Gold Members. This was the first time we had experienced this. Hopefully we will be planning another cruise soon...we are already going through withdrawl!!!

Read and post cruise reviews

Old 04-12-2010, 02:24 PM

Welcome back, blotter! My wife is on the Explorer this week. I never heard of a policy for reserving deck chairs for Gold Members--are you sure it's not for Suite Guests? I'm a Diamond Plus Member and I know I don't have that perk. You only have to be on one cruise to become a Gold Member.

Sonny
Old 04-12-2010, 03:42 PM

Sonny I think you are correct. We had a waiter tell us it was for Gold Members. It is a very nice perk, maybe someday we will get a suite and take advantage of it.

Old 04-12-2010, 04:57 PM

Tell your wife to go to the Champagne bar and tell the bartender, Hatter, that Bonnie sent her there. He can make a mean chocolate Martini!!!

Old 04-13-2010, 08:15 AM

Welcome back, blotter Sorry about the rough seas, but very glad to hear you had a grand time!

I totally understand the withdrawal blues!!!!! I start feeling blue the last day at sea because I know the next morning, I'm leaving and a whole new group will be enjoying "my ship". I know that is nutso, but I can't help it. Your crew sounds fantastic and it's no wonder you miss them.

Sorry the food wasn't fantastic in the dining room, but glad to hear the buffet was great.

Did y'all book another cruise on board or are you starting to plan one now?
Old 04-13-2010, 08:33 AM

Well Penny, I have to "pay to play", so I guess I need to work for awhile before we plan something. But I have been looking...that doesn't cost anything!!!

Old 04-14-2010, 08:59 AM

Boy can I relate I keep hoping I'll hit the lottery
Old 04-14-2010, 09:54 AM

Welcome back blotter; the rough seas in and out, and lack of warmth would probably keep me from sailing out of NE. Glad you enjoyed your cruise.

Penny, and I thought I was the only one that felt that way about last day/night of a cruise!

Peterl

Old 04-14-2010, 11:56 AM
Thanks for returning my ship blotter.
I'm hoping that having another cruise booked will ease the blues.
Tomorrow at this time I'll be exploring the buffet and hoping for sunny skies.

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers
Old 04-14-2010, 12:04 PM

Have a wonderful cruise. If you get a chance, go to the champagne bar and ask for Hatter. Tell him that the lady who drank chocolate martinis on her birthday on April 6, told you to ask for him. He was a sweetheart, and did a great job with all the drinks!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
2010, april, bar, chair, champane, chocolate, deck, explorer, guests, martini, reserved, reveiws, reviews, rough, seas, seas2010reviews, suite, tripadvisor