Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2007, 07:13 PM

Hi! My family and I are excited to be going on our first cruise this spring. We will be on the Navigator and our only worry is my motion-sickness. I'm planning on using bonine and maybe the patch but I see from all the postings that mid-ship is best and we are booked in cabin 6564. This is a few cabins forward of mid-ship. Does anyone know if this cabin is too far forward to be comfortable? My kids are booked across the hall but a few cabins even more forward. What is the ride like? Thanks for all the help!
Old 12-13-2007, 07:38 PM

Hi Lolo,
We were on a smaller ship earlier this year (won't mention the cruise line, because we did not like it) anyway, our cabin was in about the same location and we did not feel the motion.

The only time it bothered any of us was during the first hour. And that was anywhere on the ship. Once we got used to to the motion, we were fine.

From what I understand and have read, the Navigator is a huge ship and you should be fine.

We will be on her in January....can't wait!!
Old 12-13-2007, 07:54 PM

Hi lolo, and welcome to Cruise-Chat.

I also think you'll be fine. The ship is big, and the middle of the ship really encompasses a large area and many cabins, of which yours is one. With a ship this size, you wouldn't feel much more even if you were a lot more forward than you are. And you'll love the balcony.

Sandy
Old 12-14-2007, 06:47 AM

Hello lolo, welcome to Cruise-Chat! Most of the cruises I've been on have always been a smooth ride. It has to get pretty rough before you really notice any movement. It's true that if you're at the bow or stearn of the ship you'll notice a little more movement; not much. My wife always wears the patch and never became sea sick, not even on the few cruises when we had rough seas. You're stateroom is in a great location, even if you're not in it to much.

Sonny
Old 12-14-2007, 07:50 AM

We were in 6594 on Majesty and never felt a thing.
Old 12-14-2007, 03:04 PM

Thank you to all for the wonderful comments - now I'm even more excited (if that was even possible!) It's good to know that the patch is so effective, too. Enjoy your cruises!
Old 12-14-2007, 04:54 PM

Congrats on your cruise! You will find that you have a perfectly located cabin so just enjoy your cruise. Because before you know it, it's over way before you are ready for it to be!

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 01-04-2008, 08:11 PM

I don't think you'll need to worry we were on the same size RC ship class with a room slightly forward twice, once on deck 7 and the other on deck 8. The stablizers on this ship is really great. Not sure of the room numbers we had but we didn't have much movement at all. If you run into a storm the ship can creak some. The Navigator is an awesome ship! You're going to have the cruise of a life time!

Hey Sonny, looks like you're booked on the Mariner for a back to back? You lucky duck! The Mariner is the same size as the Navigator, right? We did a back to back on the Mariner last Jan and it was just awesome. Here's a link to the page I made from that back to back with some pics ---> Mariner Back to Back
Old 01-04-2008, 10:31 PM

Yes, the Navigator was built a year before the Mariner. The first 3 "Voyager" class ships were the Voyager, Explorer, and the Adventure; in that order. I love the "Voyager class ships. I'm doing back to back cruises because it's saves on the cost of airfare.

Sonny
Old 01-07-2008, 05:59 PM

Good idea

Closed Thread