Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2007, 07:36 PM

I am going on the four night Bahamas cruise aboard Majesty of the Seas from October 1 to October 5, and am wondering once we arrive back in Miami, how long does it take to disembark and get luggage? The reason I ask is because I have an 11:00 am flight out of Miami International, which RCL says is the earliest time that flights should be booked. I'm assuming it won't be more than 30 minutes to the airport from the pier (Mapquest says 20, but I have to figure since it's a weekday there will be traffic).
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 09-24-2007, 08:30 PM

Hi Michael, and welcome to Cruise Chat.

Royal Caribbean tries to get everyone off the Majesty by about 9:30am. However, if you don't mind handling your own luggage and carrying it off the ship, you can do early self-disembarkation. Royal Caribbean now has a policy of letting people off as soon as the ship has cleared Customs, if you are willing to carry your luggage. If so, don't put any luggage outside your door the night before you arrive back in Miami.

Sandy
Old 09-25-2007, 04:02 AM

Okay, thanks. Also, does anyone know how easy it is to get a taxi at the Port of Miami going to the Miami Airport? Sorry for all of these questions, but this will be my first cruise.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:55 AM

Hi Michael, personally I don't think I'd book a flight that early, but make sure you tell the purser that you have that early of a flight before you arrive back in Miami. There can always be delays clearing the ship. If things go smoothly, you should have no problems making it. I sure hate to see you having to rush so much after returning from a wonderful vacation. There will be plenty of cabs at the port. Best wishes and have a great cruise!
Old 09-25-2007, 05:49 AM

You should be able to get off the ship by 8am. Go to the guest relations desk and tell them you have an early flight and you need the earliest luggage tags. This month I had a 11:30 flight out of Orlando, and it's 65 miles from the port to the airport. I got to the airport before 9am. Also, I've had flights that early out of Fort Lauderdale and made it from the Port of Miami in plenty of time. I would consider pre-arranged shuttle service if I were you.

Sonny
Old 09-25-2007, 02:25 PM

Thanks for all the advice everyone. I may take the option to do early self disembarkation, as I only plan on having a rolling suitcase, a duffel bag, and maybe a backpack.

Closed Thread

Tags
airport, alabama, breakfast, caribbean, carribean, cruise, deboard, disembark, disembarkation, fort, jersey, lauderdale, long, royal, ship