Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2008, 01:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I don't recall hurricane season extending into January
Caz didn't say that. He said it currently is hurricane season. I think there have been hurricanes in January though, rare but still possible. I'll have to look into it.
Old 08-17-2008, 02:28 PM
I still don't know if weather is going to be cold for snorkeling in beginning of January? I was swimming today and water was plesant but not worm. My question is should I got eskurzion without swimming ?
Old 08-17-2008, 03:50 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I still don't know if weather is going to be cold for snorkeling in beginning of January?
Nobody here can tell you with absolute certainty what the weather and water temperature will be like for your cruise. Dwayne provided a link for the average temperatures, and I'm afraid that is the best information you will find.

If you want to snorkel, go ahead and do it and buy a wetsuit. It will keep you warm if the water is cool and you can ditch it if the water is warmer than expected.
Old 08-17-2008, 04:36 PM

Quote:
I still don't know if weather is going to be cold for snorkeling in beginning of January?
Well, do you honestly expect a concrete prediction of the weather during your cruise? I guess only somebody with a magic crystal ball would be able to help you.

Otherwise, you will have to rely on the average information Dwayne has provided above.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 08-17-2008, 08:21 PM
I diden't ask for crystal ball. I hope somebody alredy went at this time and can tell me if water is cold. I can tall you that Adriatic cost( Croatia) is always cold at summer. Florida water is cold in January . I just akd for comparing Florida and Caribbean water.....
Old 08-17-2008, 11:44 PM

Quote:
I diden't ask for crystal ball. I hope somebody alredy went at this time and can tell me if water is cold. I can tall you that Adriatic cost( Croatia) is always cold at summer. Florida water is cold in January . I just akd for comparing Florida and Caribbean water.....
No one can say if the water is going to be cold or not to your personal tolerance level.

I have a tolerance level for things as well.

Dwayne
Old 08-18-2008, 12:17 AM
On the West Coast ocean temperatures can vary 6-8 degrees and more from year to year in the same month. I would imagine the same is true of the Caribbean.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:19 AM

Quote:
I hope somebody alredy went at this time and can tell me if water is cold.
No. It is perfectly comfortable.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:03 PM
Thank you all..
Old 08-18-2008, 02:16 PM

Welcome cica. I can't tell you what will happen in January 2009. But, in January 1997, we went snorkeling at Labadee and the water was comfortable. I do not like swimming in cold water, and I had no problem there.

Nadine

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, caribean, carnival, cruise, cruising, eastern, florida, january, majesty, reviews, royal, seas, tampa, weather