Well now I see this is kind of perception,
I liveon the caribbean so here a few points of view:
1. after september to march is cold and duirng christmas is our "winter time" mostly around 70 F depending on the place on the islands it can drop to 40 F is a nice weather not hot enought not cold enought.
2. During summer the temperature is not the problem always at 90 -105 F degree, the real problem during summer is things like "Volcanoes smog" bad for the sinus, the humidity level which can make the temperature insoportable.
3. Remember during summer even during winter the sun block is really important.
4. If you visit the caribbean here there is always rains, mostly during the afternoon, so is important , for every cruiser to have an umbrella just in case.
5. Remember we are on Hurricane season, word of advice, check the tropical weather before going to your cruise.
note of recomendation:
Maybe the chat should have a weather forum for the caribbean so you can view any info directly.
I rememeber you can add a map from the national weather center and put it directly on the main page so as you enter Cruisechat.com you can have the last info, with actual photos(real time), on any hurricane or storm...
I rememebr is osmething like this but it update every few hours: