Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2008, 09:19 PM
What is the weather in Caribbean in January, and is wather cold ?
Old 08-15-2008, 10:49 PM
The Caribbean really only has three kinds of weather: warm, warmer and warmest. January would fall in the warm range.

Some say the ocean is a little cool; compared to the ocean in Southern California in January, it feels like bath water. It just depends on what you are used to.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:31 PM

Hi cica, and Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

I haven't been in January yet. I noticed no one had welcomed you to the forum yet.

Here is a link to a temperature guide.

Welcome aboard,

Dwayne
Old 08-16-2008, 12:42 PM
Thank you, we leve in Tampa Florida and wether is sometimes cold in January, and we age going on cruze with Mariner of the Sea for New Year Dec.28
Old 08-16-2008, 12:49 PM
Depends on how far south you go in the Caribbean...but it's warm, and humid once you get on shore.....the sea breezes are wonderful but the sun is HOT HOT HOT and you can burn in an instant...SUNBLOCK SUNBLOCK....The water around the island is very nice...The Caribbean is my refuge during the COLD Minnesota Winters...Happy Cruising...

Bob E
Old 08-16-2008, 05:46 PM
Do you think I should by eskursion with snorkeling or I'm going to be to cold? Again I live in florida . What is a temperture of a water in Cozumel,Cayman Island and Labadie in January?
Old 08-16-2008, 06:02 PM
cica-Don't sweat it,the weather in January is nice and comfortable, the farther South you cruise in the Western Caribbean will tend to be somewhat more humid than the Eastern Caribbean. The seas are usually smooth! It should be no comfort problem for you if you like Florida weather!

BillyBuzzy
Old 08-17-2008, 11:02 AM

The western routes should be great weather and the water temp should be pretty comfortable. We've also done the eastern in Janury and the weather and water was great. Enjoy!

Celebrity Eclipse March 5, 2011
Serenade of the Seas Oct 23, 2011
Old 08-17-2008, 11:49 AM
Well now I see this is kind of perception,
I liveon the caribbean so here a few points of view:

1. after september to march is cold and duirng christmas is our "winter time" mostly around 70 F depending on the place on the islands it can drop to 40 F is a nice weather not hot enought not cold enought.

2. During summer the temperature is not the problem always at 90 -105 F degree, the real problem during summer is things like "Volcanoes smog" bad for the sinus, the humidity level which can make the temperature insoportable.

3. Remember during summer even during winter the sun block is really important.

4. If you visit the caribbean here there is always rains, mostly during the afternoon, so is important , for every cruiser to have an umbrella just in case.

5. Remember we are on Hurricane season, word of advice, check the tropical weather before going to your cruise.

note of recomendation:
Maybe the chat should have a weather forum for the caribbean so you can view any info directly.

I rememeber you can add a map from the national weather center and put it directly on the main page so as you enter Cruisechat.com you can have the last info, with actual photos(real time), on any hurricane or storm...
I rememebr is osmething like this but it update every few hours:

Old 08-17-2008, 01:39 PM
Casanova-I don't recall hurricane season extending into January-Please correct me if I am wrong.

BillyBuzzy

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, caribean, carnival, cruise, cruising, eastern, florida, january, majesty, reviews, royal, seas, tampa, weather