Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2010, 12:25 PM

Please forgive my ignorance on this issue as I know that I have asked this before. Although I have never purchased and NCB, I have often wanted to. I just can not get it in my feeble mind the advantage of doing this vs. waiting and just booking when you are ready to go. So, having said that, I will jot down my questions about this and maybe it will help others too.

1. Do you have to have a particular cruise in mind or no cruise at all?

2. How much does it cost?

3. Why purchase one at all vs. the regular booking approach from home?

4. Does this NCB entitle you to anything extra vs. the standard booking of a cruise?

5. Are the cruises discounted for purchasing, i.e allowing RCCL to use your money?

These a just a few of the questions I can remember. Basically, tell me all I need to know to explain it to someone that does not understand the need to do this. I have often wanted to recommend that folks do this but couldn't explain it because I didn't understand it myself!!! Anyway, thanks for any info and sorry for asking again.

1992 MV Royal Majesty
1993 MV Royal Majesty
1996 Sun Princess
2007 Liberty of the Seas
2010 Navigator of the Seas
2010 Radiance of the Seas
Old 09-28-2010, 04:08 PM
Administrator

You do not have to have any cruise in mind. You pay a fixed price (I think it is $100 per person on the NCB), and then when you decide to pull the trigger and book a specific cruise that money is credited towards the deposit. The NCB perk is onboard credit for the booked cruise, which varies based on the length of the cruise. I think it is $50 for 3 and 4 nights, $100 for 5-7 nights, and $200 for cruises over 7 nights long.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:15 PM

What does NCB stand for?

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 09-28-2010, 04:16 PM

Nevermind..Just saw it..DUH!!!

Old 09-28-2010, 04:30 PM

I have a question that I think fits in this topic..
RCCL is offering this WOW "package" (NOT sure if you would consider it a package though). Its usually offered for 2 days only..It's this wednesday and Thursday. Discounted (1/2 off) deposits per person, Room credits, and possibally other items.

Would anyone recommend me doing this WOW item OR waiting untill our cruise next month to make reservation for next cruise?

I (we) LOVE using our TA and trust her completely. We are very good clients (booked many "travels" through her).
Another factor is that we are currently paying towards out next trip July next year (through TA)Not a cruise..

My deposit for cruise (2012) would be $250 for 2 people (WOW "package")..I could use that $$$ towards trip in July next year.

Should I not do WOW and wait till next month to possibally make reservation for 2012 cruise? Is it a better "deal" to book cruise while on cruise?

Thanks for your help

Old 09-28-2010, 04:42 PM
Administrator

The bookings you make on the ship can be assigned to your agent if you wish, and they will get the commission.

WOW bookings can also be made by an agent. In fact RCI had a virtual expo today for agents, and when they do this they always follow up with a WOW sale.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:16 AM

For the NCB, do you have to pay more than $100? Even if 3 of you are going, since you don't have to have a cruise in mind, is there any need to pay $300? It sounds like the amount of onboard credit is not equal to the cost of the NCB, so would it matter if you only paid $100. A lot of the sales this year with half price deposits did not apply with folks with NCB's, they had to pay full price on the deposit. Since they already had paid some anyway, you would think those with NCB's would be eligible. Most sales include some form of onboard credit too, so unless the NCB is on top of other onboard credits, I am having a hard time convincing myself it is worth it. I must be missing something or just not getting it through my thick skull!! There is always a lot of people onboard getting these.

1992 MV Royal Majesty
1993 MV Royal Majesty
1996 Sun Princess
2007 Liberty of the Seas
2010 Navigator of the Seas
2010 Radiance of the Seas
Old 10-01-2010, 01:45 PM

When you purchase a NCB you only have to have one name on the booking. You pay $100 and get a booking number that you use when your really to book a cruise. At that time you pay the down payment for each passenger Minus the $100 you paid for the NCB. When you board that cruise ship you'll have a $100 On Board Credit, depending on how many days the cruise is. To me it's a no-brainer. I bought two while on the Mariner this month and already used one for my Nov.29th cruise. I like to have two bookings so I'll buy another one next week when I'm on the Liberty. The books never expire. I think it's well worth it.

Sonny

Closed Thread

Tags
board, booking, credit, cruise, forms, forum, make, next, onboard, rccl, reservation, sale, ship, versus, worth, wow