Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/)
-   -   Genesis project (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/14592-genesis-project.html)

Hottiebagger17 07-20-2007 11:46 AM

I know about the genesis project, but what will be new on the ships. Of course more bars and lounges, the H2O zone,flowrider,rock climbing wall and a bigger everything. But what new innovations are they going to put on these boats?

Spiritfilled 07-20-2007 12:37 PM

Welcome to cruise chat Hottiebagger17 that is a good question I guess like the Freedom of the Seas we will just have to wait.

tampataylors 07-20-2007 12:41 PM

I read where there might be a bowling album, but I'm not sure about anything else. But you are right about that. They will let it at a little bit at a time. Just like the Freedom.

goin' cruisin' 07-20-2007 12:50 PM

Ship! (not boat)

Dave 07-20-2007 12:57 PM

The biggest secret at RCI and at the building shipyard is what the Genesis ships will have on them. There are rumors but nothing factual. They even made everyone involved sign secrecy agreements. You cannot pry anything out of anyone. All I was told - by Bill Wright who is senior VP for operations - is "game over". I assume that to mean nobody will top the Genesis ships.

Bowling alleys are not new. NCL has at least one on a ship right now.

susanmaz 07-20-2007 01:19 PM

Please explain to me why folks want to go on such a large ship? This is a serious question - I'm not trying to be snide or rude - just curious. I can't imagine being on one of the 3500 pax ships - I had to be convinced that 2000 wasn't too many. How does one deal with all those people in such a confined space?

Dave 07-20-2007 01:46 PM

Don't forget that a Voyager or Freedom class ship is not as confined as a 2000 passenger ship. I can tell no difference in passenger density between the Freedom class and the smaller classes (Vision, Radiance, etc.). Actually, I think the passenger space ratio if higher on the larger ships.

I am being serious too.

On the Liberty Of The Seas last month I never found a line longer than 10 people at any food line in the buffet - even at peak times. I've seen longer lines on smaller ships. I always got an elevator within a couple minutes. I always found a deck chair - even by the pool thanks to some good pool attendants enforcing the rules.

I like small ships a lot, but a big ship has more "stuff" to do and sometimes you want that. As long as the ship is properly designed, the passenger loading just isn't an issue.

tampataylors 07-20-2007 02:00 PM

I agree with you about the pasenger space ratio. I have only been on larger ships and I have found no waits. Not at embarkation, disembarkation, at buffets, at the pursers office, at bars, no where. To me I like more people and I love how much there is to do on the "mega" ships. From the rock climbing wall, to ice skating, to full size basketball courts, and plenty more. Also more families are on the bigger ships, partially from the length on the cruise and it has more that attracts the families. Such as a skating rink or flowrider. plus on the bigger ships they have more room to expand and grow with ideas and add new ones.
And on the big ships it doesn't feel crowded and I never see 3500 people. The most I see is in the dining room or theater and it's supposed to be that way.

drlivingston 07-20-2007 02:01 PM

I have to agree with Dave. It's all relative. The amount of passengers on a ship is directly proportionate to the size of the ship. In other words, you would have the same space per person ratio on any size ship. I am just as comfy on a freedom class ship as I am on a vision class ship.