Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2007, 05:16 PM

hello cruisers, i'm leaving on the 26th of aug. to the western caribbean on the MOS,what happens if hurricane DEAN destroys everything in that area? Would we sail to a unaffected area in caribbean or would they cancel cruise? I'm getting nervous, thanks fred
Old 08-15-2007, 05:23 PM
Administrator

Hi Freddie. Typically, and if needed, the Captain would bring the ship to alternate ports. It's happened to us a few times in the many years we've been cruising. It's one other advantage cruising has over a resort stay on an island.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:44 PM

Thank you Lisa,I'm sure my three little kids won't mind where we go as long as there is a beach and ice cream. Feeling better,Fred
Old 08-16-2007, 06:58 PM

Freddie48-
I feel your pain, we are leaving the same day on the FOS and I wondered the same thing. We have been planning this trip since May 2006 when it was booked, come @#%& or high water I am going on this cruise even if I have drive the boat myself!!!!
See you in Flordia, we leave from Miami, where do you sail from??
Old 08-17-2007, 10:49 AM

As of today (Friday noon 8/17) RCL has not reported any itinerary changes - although
Carnival has made some.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-17-2007, 04:24 PM

RCL has now announced itinerary changes for Enchantment and Rapsody.

Rumor has it that the Enchantment will schedule stops at the Wal-Mart in Fort Myers and Fred's World of Gators in St. Pete

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-17-2007, 04:39 PM
well it is a hurricane!!!
I suppose is for the best a least your not in one of th ships at this moment trying to avoid it and looking for your next port of call poor people at the carnival Destiny...
Next week all should be fine I don't remember two hurricane the same week
and for all I had read about the forecast Jamaica will get it at level 4 so I only hope
you can understand the situation...
Old 08-21-2007, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mere1:
Freddie48-
I feel your pain, we are leaving the same day on the FOS and I wondered the same thing. We have been planning this trip since May 2006 when it was booked, come @#%& or high water I am going on this cruise even if I have drive the boat myself!!!!
See you in Flordia, we leave from Miami, where do you sail from??
mere1 WE are leaving out of Port Canaveral. If it wasn't for the three kids it wouldn't bother be just to cruise around the water for 7 days,Iv'e been dieting so I can eat,drink, and people watch! Enjoy your cruise,Fred
Old 08-21-2007, 06:08 PM

We just got off the EOS last Friday, 1st cruise for us. The kids never had a dull moment! Don't worry, the kids will have a great time no matter where you are. My 7 year old just told me she would rather go on another cruise than return to Disneyworld!
Old 08-21-2007, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris D:
We just got off the EOS last Friday, 1st cruise for us. The kids never had a dull moment! Don't worry, the kids will have a great time no matter where you are. My 7 year old just told me she would rather go on another cruise than return to Disneyworld!
Chris D,thats good to know cuz the kids being happy makes for a much better vacation!! Thanks fred

Closed Thread

Tags
bad, cancel, caribbean, cruise, cruises, cruising, destination, fos, hurricane, royal, weather, western, wheather, wrather