Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2006, 01:00 PM

Does anyone know if there is a charge for the Flowrider on the Freedom of the Seas? Does Johnny Rockets still have a charge on Freedom?
Old 05-22-2006, 01:47 PM
Administrator

From Tom's mega review, Rockets on the Freedom does have the cover charge. I used to think this was a bad thing but I have changed my thinking on it. Without it, the place becomes a full-time teen hang out which deprives the rest of the passengers from enjoying those great burgers and onion rings. I now believe that the small charge tends to control things a bit and allows a more reasonable traffic flow.
Old 05-22-2006, 05:48 PM

Dave,
Since you will be on the first revenue sailing of the Freedom, we are going to count on you for getting the details on any services/facilities that will incur additonal cost. So far, all of us that have been on the Freedom have been on media sailings so we did not have to pay for many items that will normally have a fee attached. The information we received regardng the cost of "extras" came from staff, but we did not personally experience them.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-23-2006, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by homskoolfam06:
Does anyone know if there is a charge for the Flowrider on the Freedom of the Seas? Does Johnny Rockets still have a charge on Freedom?
I believe, if you are at least a gold member, RCCL will have a complimentary dining at Johnny Rockets for each person who is a gold member in your party in your booklet. BTW both my wife and I did not find a difference between the burgers you get a JR's to the other dining areas. Its the 50's decor that is being offered to us.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:25 AM
Administrator

Nancy,

Will do! For my review I think I will combine all the extra fee items into a chart so they are all in one place.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:34 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I believe, if you are at least a gold member, RCCL will have a complimentary dining at Johnny Rockets for each person who is a gold member in your party in your booklet. BTW both my wife and I did not find a difference between the burgers you get a JR's to the other dining areas. Its the 50's decor that is being offered to us.
To me the big difference is that you can get specialty burgers like the St. Louis, a Chili Size, or the Smoke House at Rockets. Not so for the Windjammer.

You are correct about Crown And Anchor members getting a free pass in their coupon book.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:47 AM

That is correct. The variety is what made JR different. We did not see the difference as we just have our burgers, plain. We did enjoy the staff's rendition of Love Shack! BTW Dave, Do you know if E1 cat is avail for a quad or do you have to use a D1 on the Explorer of the Seas? I am a triple family. However the friends we are going with are a quad. On the AOS my family, as a triple, was in a E1. Thanks!
Old 05-23-2006, 03:41 PM
Administrator

I am reasonably certain that E1 cabins are double or triple only. No quads.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:34 PM

Speaking of 3rd and 4th berths, those berths on the Freedom of the Seas drop down from the ceiling, rather than folding out from the wall as in all previous ships.

Sandy
Old 05-23-2006, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave56:
I am reasonably certain that E1 cabins are double or triple only. No quads.
Thanks, my research indicated as much but I was not entirely sure!

Closed Thread

Tags
charges, cost, costs, cover, extra, extras, flow, flowrider, free, freedom, locations, md, review, rider, seas