Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2007, 12:43 PM

Our first time to cruise on March 18th and wondering how people carry their sail pass around daily with them while touring the ship, swimming, dining etc... Do they have a fanny pack? purse? waterproof holder around the neck? Any help will be appreciated!!
Old 03-06-2007, 12:55 PM
Banned

Yes on all counts. There are other ways to keep it safe as well...I use a fanny pack part of the time, my wallet at other times, and once in awhile, around my neck. You can purchase on board a strap that goes around your neck, too (good for the kids), or bring one from home.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:41 AM

Pockets work fine for me. Even my swim trunks have a mesh pocket that fits the sea pass.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:34 PM

On a cruise a couple of years ago, I had mine on one of those straps that hangs around your neck. When we were snorkeling I forgot to take it off and when I got back on the small boat, I realized it was gone. Believe it or not, the tour guide person jumped in the water and sure enough came back up with it. I couldn't believe it.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:34 PM

If you are planning on spending any time in the water you might want to invest in a diving Dry Bag. A Dry Bag will hold your ship pass, keys, cash, wallet, etc. and will keep them dry - to a depth of up to 150 feet (depending on the brand). The bags are also designed to float if they come off your neck - avoiding the problem Lanie had.

Most of these bags are also sand and dust proof which makes them great for those dune buggy rides in Baja!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-09-2007, 11:40 AM

I usually just use my pockets. If I don't have pockets on whatever I'm wearing that day, I just give it to someone that is with me that does have pockets. The neck strap sounds like a really good idea though. I didn't know they had those and will definitely invest in one on my next cruise. How much are those? Also, where can you get those dry packs from?
Old 03-09-2007, 02:39 PM

If you don't use those ideas........this may sound a little strange , but if you have shoes on that don't have the toes/heals out, slip it in your shoe. Or this may be a little uncomfortable, (if you are wearing one) slip it in your bra. I have used both of these methods before.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:51 PM

I have to say this is something I never think about until I need to. I don't like the idea of it hanging around my neck. You are already marked as a tourst when you get off the ship staring at things with your mouth hanging open. The shoe sounds miserable, the bra thing might work for those who wear them.

Maybe just an implant in the back of the head! No, I always have pockets. I'll hold yours for you...now, which bar should I visit?
Old 03-09-2007, 04:10 PM

Christie, you can get one from your local dive shop or go to a dive site on the internet and order one. Obviously prices differ, but expect to pay about $20 for a good one.

The benefit, obviously, is that if you are with someone, you could both go in the water.

And Ken, you don't have to put it around your neck until you go in the water. By that time your tan (or lack of one...or worse yet...your sunburn) will have already clearly identified you as a tourist

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-09-2007, 05:45 PM
Banned

Hmmmmm....let me cogitate upon this a little more....where could I conceal a thin, plastic object. Any ex-cons out there that can help with this dilemma?

Closed Thread

Tags
carribian, cruise, curise, dry, holders, neck, oass, packs, pass, passes, sail, set, setsail, swimming, time, waterproof