Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2006, 09:50 PM

Hi all we are booked on the adventure of the seas in feb and I have two questions.
1) are all tips given at the end or should I give tips to anyone at the beginning or during the cruise.
2) we are booked at a the 8.30 sitting at a table for 10 however I noticed there are different restaraunts, do you sit with different 10 people every nite depending on which restaraunt you go to

thanks in advance

Add Your Cruise Review
Old 12-06-2006, 11:16 PM
Banned

Tips are traditionally given at the end of the cruise. If you want to charge your gratuities to your account (or if you need cash) go to the Purser's desk a few days before the end of your cruise and take care of this. You won't have to wait in as long a line if you go early. Either way envelopes will be delivered to your stateroom on the second to last night of the cruise, use these to deliver your tips on the last night of the cruise.

When it comes to dining, that table size and assignment is only when you go to dinner in the main dining room. If you head to any other meal in the main dining room you will be seated at another table and may even get a private table if you would prefer. Dining in the alternate restaurants are typically at private tables just like in a shore side restaurant.

BTW should you decide that you would prefer to dine during the early seating, would rather a different table, etc... speak to the Maitre'De as early as possible. If there is any way that they can honor your request they will.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:04 AM
The other thing you can do about tipping is to Pre-Pay the tips before you go-that way, IF someone deserves more than the recommended amount (Stateroom attendant or dining room main srver) when the envelopes are sent to your room, they will include notes that your tips have been pre-paid, AND you can add cash to the ones who should get more for their service at your choice.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:25 PM

Quote:
) go to the Purser's desk a few days before the end of your cruise and take care of this. You won't have to wait in as long a line if you go early.
Is the desk open 24 hours? We frequently are up late, and I thought that might be a way to beat the lines I've seen. It seems like everyone gets in line right before, or right after dinner.

2nd cruise Majesty OTS - 5/11/07

3rd cruise Freedom of the Seas 4/27/08 Western Caribbean - Hump Balcony!!!

Next Navigator of the Seas 4/6/09 First time to Belize
Old 12-07-2006, 08:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill OH:

Is the desk open 24 hours? We frequently are up late, and I thought that might be a way to beat the lines I've seen. It seems like everyone gets in line right before, or right after dinner.
I'm pretty sure it is, although I'm not 100% positive. It's definitely open until at least midnight, and I seem to recall that on Freedom of the Seas that it was open well past midnight.

You'll probably get a flier or two encouraging you to prepay your gratuities pretty early in the cruise, and as I recall you can do so at almost any time. However, you won't get the slips to deliver to those you are tipping until the last night.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Radiationman:
You'll probably get a flier or two encouraging you to prepay your gratuities pretty early in the cruise,
When on vacation, its amazing how many of those you can ignore until its too late

2nd cruise Majesty OTS - 5/11/07

3rd cruise Freedom of the Seas 4/27/08 Western Caribbean - Hump Balcony!!!

Next Navigator of the Seas 4/6/09 First time to Belize
Old 12-24-2006, 08:09 PM

thank you all

Add Your Cruise Review
Old 12-24-2006, 10:27 PM

Hello Elliott, welcome to cruise-chat. You may want to ask your travel agent about pre-paying the tips. You should be able to do this went final payment is do. That way you won't have to worry about it. The tip vouchers will come to your stateroom with the envelopes.

Merry Christmas!

Sonny

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, table, tipping